AVIC411.com

New Unit Theme by GUGA - Version 2.0

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, sorry, I'm a complete newb at this so I need some pretty specific instructions about making a custom Icon. I dont know how to edit the pictures so that i can put my own car on there. Will someone please explain this to me? Thank You!

-Brian

by the way, you can put the horse in the bmp: 746_32K_MN-001_24b.bmp

than it is in the button between Phone and Settings

How do you do this? Do you just rename a picture to this or do you have to edit the picture to fit and all? I am trying to get a Virginia Tech logo in that spot. Thanks for the help!

Yes sir. Then zip it back up with 7zip, rename the file images.res, and overwrite the original. Back up you old images.res first though. :)

Ok, I can't figure this out. I opened Image.Res with 7zip, after renaming it to Image.7z. I can get to the Common folder, but I can't extract the new bmp to it. I have tried to extract, but can't get all the way to the /common folder. I have the bmp on the desktop, I have tried copy and paste and it keeps saying not implemented. I am just using a stock image.res, by the way. I thought I could figure it out.

Thanks, but I think that image.res file is the one with the Mustang from a few posts up. I think I've figured this 7zip thing out now and see what I was doing wrong. I swapped the one you posted for me (awesome looking, by the way) with the stock and will try it out when I get to the car. I will let you know how it goes.

Here ya go. Zip has both images saved correctly and ready to go. 8)

746_32K_MN-640_32b_normal.jpg[attachment=0]746_32K_MN-640_32b_normal.zip[/attachment]

grrrrrr.. i copied these files into the zip, but could not get it to work...... lost all my main screen images and other images in other places in menus..... ziped back up right and all.... might be b/c i'm on a mac and it handles the files diff when i rename them. I'm using the original Guga civic theme now.

Can someone please help me? I want to edit this to have my own car on it but I don't know how to decompress that file. I downloaded 7zip but for some reason I can't figure out how to open up the image.res file. I'm sure I'm just being stupid and not doing something really simple but can someone help me out? How do i open up that image.res file to edit it?