AVIC411.com

Glitch with "Next track" when playing "Shuffl

Morning!

This is the first time I came across something like that: When I set the CD playback (MP3 disc) on my AVIC-F900BT to "Shuffle All" and want to skip a track, the next song will *always* be the next track on the CD but not random. What I am used to is that when I press "skip" in shuffle mode the next song will be random... Is that a glitch in the system that can be fixed?

Thanks for your help!

~f~

• 2 weeks later...

Really? That is insane. How does a product that costs this much, has a software update out for it, and is pushed as a multi-media marvel for your car, miss on such an obvious feature? Who tests this stuff? (I'm a QA and Test developer so tend to get irate at shoddy releases)

I installed my F900BT last week and ended up being lukewarm to the final result. I find that the hardware is a great piece of kit, but is let down by some half-assed software.

A number of my issues seem to be addressed with some hacks (which I have yet to implement), but that doesn't cover some major niggling points such as not being able to go to another random track when pressing the "next track" button.

Any hack for that issue? Any word on it being addressed for ver 3 of the software?

I have not tried this but it "MAY" work. Try creating a playlist of all your tracks and then use that. It may play a playlist random as opposed to telling it to simply play all. I only mention this as I have seen it in other players.

Cannot hurt :)