AVIC411.com

What wires/harnesses needed for F500BT?

Hey all,

I'm getting all the parts ordered so i can finally get F500BT integrated into my 2008 Highlander. But i have never worked on cars before.

What I can't seem to figure out is what adapters/harnesses will i need?

I will be installing ND-G500 AMP for F500BT and it shows three cables going from it - One into CAR and to into CAR STEREO. I assume that Pioneer's cables won't fit Toyota, so i need to get three adapters/harnesses, right?

Those harnesses they have a plug on each end? One goes into pioneer and one into the car or OEM stereo? Or does it come with a plug on one end and wires on the other, so i will need to splice and tap wires?

Thanks all,

For many reasons:

1) can't stand wires on the dash

2) navi prompts through car speakers

3) muting of radio/music when on phone or navi is giving directions

4) clean look

and more...

I see.... if you want to listen to radio too, then you will need the ND-G500. But for everything else, it doesn't matter you use the ND-G500 or just Aux In.

When using the Aux In on you car, you are going to connect the Aux In to the Pre-Out Jack from the Big Fat F500BT Cable, the exact same jack which you going to use to connect to the ND-G500. Power is same, which you are going to connect the cigarette adapter output to the power jack at the end of that big fat cable, not to the F500BT directly.

So, you will going to have cables on the dash anyway, as long as you have the F500BT on dash. Well, that big fat cable is actually not that messy, the real messy thing is when you need also the Ipod cable (if you planned for Ipod integration), but again, there is no difference on using the ND-G500 or not. Oh, be prepare for also the MSN Direct antenna on dash if you want that too.

Actually not true...

Power is supplied from factory radio harness through ND-G500 into F500bt (At least that's how it shows on diagram that comes with ND-G500). So sig lighter adapter is not needed at all.

I plan on taking out the small digital clock in the middle of the dash to run the cables under the front dashboard and permenantly mount the cradle. Navi will sit in the car 99% of the time. I'm not going to take it off. Once on the dash, the navi will cover the hole were all the cables go and will look really clean - i've checked that already.