AVIC411.com

Route instructions only from left speakers?

My dad has a factory installed GPS in his Toyota Celica. Whenever it gives instructions it mutes the music only on the drivers side while all other speakers still play with a lower volume. Obviously, the instructions are then announced only through the left-front speaker.

Long story short, is there a way to set you an AVIC-900BT that the music isn't silenced completely? I have to admit that I haven't carefully checked whether the spooky Samantha TTS is coming out of all speakers but IMHO it would suffice to have her talk only left-front...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

The AVIC F series seems to output the voice navigation stuff to the rear speakers by default. My car only has 2 front speakers, so when I initially had it all installed I didn't hear any voice or anything. I had to actually set the fade of the unit so that I only got music/sound out of my front speakers before I could hear the nav voice.

I'm not sure why your nav voice only comes through one speaker though. But I haven't seen any way to get rid of the muting of the music by the nav voice.

The AVIC F series seems to output the voice navigation stuff to the rear speakers by default. My car only has 2 front speakers, so when I initially had it all installed I didn't hear any voice or anything. I had to actually set the fade of the unit so that I only got music/sound out of my front speakers before I could hear the nav voice.

I'm not sure why your nav voice only comes through one speaker though. But I haven't seen any way to get rid of the muting of the music by the nav voice.

It's in the manual though...

I'm sorry for the confusion.... I would like to have the voice only through the front left speaker so that I still have music in the background. It also makes not much sense to have everyone else in the car hear it. But it is what it is!

I appreciate your replies!