AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Problems "Insert Correct Disk" / GPS Anten

ive read up about this on a couple of topics already made about it. my unit had been working fine up until now, i bought it when it just came out, and have had no problems. the past week, its been acting up, putting me on a road im not really on, then working again, and i had the insert correct disk once last week. today i go to leave work, and it comes back with the insert correct disk message, im locked out of the unit totally and tried taking the disc out and putting it back in. no dice. i tried resetting 10 times, unplugging neg. battery cable ect. nothing worked. then i got home tonight and read that it is the GPS antenna causing this and if you unplug it from the back of the unit, it works but you have no navi. well, problem with me is, my GPS antenna is mounted on my trunk lid. i have a 2005 cad. cts, and for whatever reason, the only place when i installed it, that the GPS antenna will receive a signal, is if its somewhere on the metal outside of the vehicle? anyone have any idea as to why this is? when i had it in my 06 altima before, i had it mounted on that big metal bar inside the dash behind the head unit space and it worked fine in there. i accepted the fact that i had to have it on my trunk lid which wasnt a big deal, but now, i noticed from opening and closing the trunk after time ect, the wire where it meets the black GPS antenna box thing is started to come apart. after reading tonight that the culprit was the GPS antenna, i played with the antenna wire and mashed it into the black box a bit, and now the disk problem is gone. sorry this is so long, but at this point my main questions are...

1. im assuming i need a new GPS antenna

2. anyone have any idea why i can only receive a signal on my vehicle (05 cts) when the GPS antenna is mounted outside of the vehicle? i can not get a signal anywhere inside on any metal?

thanks. im glad i read up on this a bit more, i was just getting ready to go out and buy the new unit they just came out with.