AVIC411.com

Well I have decided to pull the F90BT and go for a Excelon instead. My audio guy will take my Pioneer and apply the amount I spent to the new Excelon thats coming out in 2 weeks.

I just can't see spending the money for something that doesn't work the way it should. Today I was driving in to work, listening to the radio - the devices changes to the iPod and then shuts down. All on it's own. WTF?

The other day I was listening to the iPod - it stopped playing and then some random .WAV files started to play. WTF?

I was on a phone call and couldn't hang up the phone when I was done. I needed to pull over, turn off the car and reboot - typical of Windows.

I've come to the conclusion - that although this would be a fun device to mod - I would be applying a bandage to a broken device. If the radio was actually good - then this would be icing on the cake but it really is bad.

I'm not sure if the Excelon will be much better - at least the Garmin would be easier for me to see - and I can change the angle of the screen since my deck sits down by my stick shift. It also comes with a remote for easy access while driving and the VA works on all aspects of the system from what they say. Anyways - thanks for everyone's help then last couple of weeks.

Well I have decided to pull the F90BT and go for a Excelon instead. My audio guy will take my Pioneer and apply the amount I spent to the new Excelon thats coming out in 2 weeks.

I just can't see spending the money for something that doesn't work the way it should. Today I was driving in to work, listening to the radio - the devices changes to the iPod and then shuts down. All on it's own. WTF?

The other day I was listening to the iPod - it stopped playing and then some random .WAV files started to play. WTF?

I was on a phone call and couldn't hang up the phone when I was done. I needed to pull over, turn off the car and reboot - typical of Windows.

I've come to the conclusion - that although this would be a fun device to mod - I would be applying a bandage to a broken device. If the radio was actually good - then this would be icing on the cake but it really is bad.

I'm not sure if the Excelon will be much better - at least the Garmin would be easier for me to see - and I can change the angle of the screen since my deck sits down by my stick shift. It also comes with a remote for easy access while driving and the VA works on all aspects of the system from what they say. Anyways - thanks for everyone's help then last couple of weeks.

TRADER!!! LOL

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with the F, but glad to hear you're getting the kenwood.

Come June, I will be considering selling the 90 for the 9140, or if Pioneer releases the next Z series, I will compare and decide between those 2, assuming the new Z has faster iPod controls and better bluetooth....but I don't count on it.

I have had my f90 since pre 2.0. I was annoyed that the bootup time was 2 minutes but then 2.0 came.

I have sirius in 15 seconds. My system is fully booted in about 45 seconds.

I have had no such problems you describe. gps/fm/ipod/dvd/phone/backup camera/ etc all work fine and I use it everyday.

There are some annoyances that everyone has and missing features but no problems like you are mentioning. You could have got a bad unit or if you have factory steering wheel controls a bad pac swi-ps piece

Yes I am a traitor and trader. I just like something that works. Hell the Kenwood might be shit too. Who knows. But I don't think it can be worse than the F90.

Besides - you will have someone who will review the product and give you an honest recommendation in the next 2 weeks.

As for the FTP site - do you want me to leave it up or do you care?

Yes I am a traitor and trader. I just like something that works. Hell the Kenwood might be shit too. Who knows. But I don't think it can be worse than the F90.

Besides - you will have someone who will review the product and give you an honest recommendation in the next 2 weeks.

As for the FTP site - do you want me to leave it up or do you care?

leave it up

Please leave the FTP site active and many thanks for hosting it for us. I am downloading the 90BT backup file as I write.

Best of luck with the Kenwood. I have the 90 in my truck and my wife has a Kenwood KDC-BT838U in the Camaro.

Got to say the little Kenwood is nice and it replaced the Kenwood 815 that finally died after 5 years of good service. Though not a nav system, the new one does interface with iPod and has bluetooth. It works as advertised and not one issue so far. Very fast too. Wish I could say that about my 90 but overall still satisfied with it despite some issues. But have to say my problems have been minor in comparison to the ones you mention.

you know, with the economy as it is, you gotta stop and think about it and ask what would Jesus do?

Jesus would remove all the bugs with a single touch.

Bitman, have you tried eBay? You won't get as much but you're not going to get back what you paid for anyway, and it can be a nice start for the DNX.