AVIC411.com

CNDV-80MT disc issues with N3 (Copy)

I have a N3 that was running the 70 disc. My buddy broke it, and ordered me a burnt copy for my self, and one to update his N1.

His updated fine with a copy, mine keeps saying insert the appropriate disc. I have tried his discs, reversing orders east to west, resetting the unit.

Who can help? Please....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok for some reason the new 80 burns seem more sensitive if that makes sence.I made 10 cup hosters from dl discs and it installed then after i restarted deck it didnt work i kept re burning with no luck.I then used the instructions from here to do the downgrade and reinstall the new 80 well 1st few times no go then it worked.So bottom line is if it doesnt work keep trying take disk in and out after i realized it wasnt the disc i baught a lens cleaner and it works perfect.So i now have 10 good back up copys.minus the 3 i tossed out my window out of frustration lol

Keep in mind that the lens reads diff formats so it might play movies and cd's fine but maps it has trouble reading so get a "DVD lens cleaner" and it will work i burned 10 copys and had problems but after i used the lens cleaner it worked perfect.Not to mention pioneer just sent me my deck 6 months ago because the ribbon recall you would think they would have cleaned my lens. I hope this helps people that have the problem i had i didnt think there was anything wrong with my lens cause it played other disks but that wasnt the case if i can givve back to this forum in any way by helping others id be glad because without avic411 i would have been lost.Great site thanks to all that put in there time.

• 4 weeks later...