AVIC411.com

2006 Lincoln LS VSS and reverse wire location!

Hello there,

I was hoping someone could help me locate and give me the color to the VSS and the reverse wire for a 2006 lincoln LS! Im installing a Pioneer Navigation Unit and need this info! Is it possible to locate the reverse wire in the front instead of running a wire to the rear, would be greatly appretiated!!!!!!!

Thanks for your time!

I don't have my wiring diagrams and notes with me, but I can get them for you later today. Until then, this is what I do recall.

You can find VSS at one of the connectors behind the kick panel on the driver's side of the car. It is down low, just below the carpet. I'll get you the color later.

The easiest place I could find for the reverse signal was behind the trim panel above the rear deck on the passenger side. The same signal runs to the rear-view mirror, so you could pick it up there if you would rather.

You can get to the delayed accessory turn-off power at a connector behind the rear trim panel over the rear deck (passenger side). This is the power that doesn't turn off until you open a door after turning the key off. The accessory power wire at the radio connector goes off as soon as you turn the key off. (The factory radio was doing the delay function internally.) This does not apply if you had factory navigation. In that case, the correct signal would already be there.

There is a good location for the GPS antenna at the center of the rear deck. If you take the rear package shelf trim off, you can put the antenna on the metal bracket below it, and it will be completely hidden. The factory location for the factory navigation GPS antenna is under the dash behind the message center buttons. I think that some duct-work has to come out to get to it. I think the rear location is easier.

I'll get you the wire colors later.

Inside the car, between the rear window and the back passenger door window. To remove the trim panel, remove the back passenger door gasket (just pull it off). Remove the rear bottom seat cushion (very easy, just push the two release levers). Fold down the rear seat back on the passenger side. Remove the rear seat shoulder on the passenger side (One big bolt at the bottom and a release level at the top.) Then, just pull the trim panel off (it will be hard to pull).

The delayed accessory power wire is gray with a violet stripe.

The reverse wire is white with a blue stripe.

The VSS wire is white with a green stripe.

Please note that there are several wires in different locations with the same colors that are not the same signals. The wire colors I list are only valid for the locations given in my prior post.

if you check pacaudio.com the make a plug and play adapter for the truck that has thoes wires and the steering wheel controls. i happen to have on if your interested.

You do realize that this is a Lincoln LS, a car, not a truck? The AVIC will work even better with the VSS connected. There is no reason not to on this car as the signal is easy to get to. I happen to have an 04 LS and an 06 LS, I do know what I am talking about.

Thanks for the reply joegr!!!!! you have been very helpfull! I take it you have mastered the art of navigation units installed on LS's ......lol.......can you give me a little better explanation of exactly where to find the delayed accessory wire & have you heard of anything regarding the gray and black wire located behind the audio harness that is suppost to be a VSS wire on all Fords 04 and up including the 06 Lincoln LS????

The LS is more Jaguar than Ford, therefore many of the Ford generalizations don't apply to it. There's no gray and black VSS wire.

The delayed accessory wire and the reverse wire are both in a connector bundle that is behind the back right pillar, as I said. The connector bundle is the wiring that goes to the moon roof and the rear-view mirror. I can give you specific connector numbers, but they wouldn't do much good unless you had the factory wiring diagrams that show connector locations to go by.

Another point to make... You will have to do the bypass, because there is no practical way to connect to the parking brake switch, since there is no parking brake applied switch. (I think the electronic parking brake is a neat feature of the car.)

Thanks again! I already have the bypass instructions and will do it as soon as i get the unit in! Im doing the install in about 2 weeks! thanks for all the info! Stupid question but will the harness still be there if my car has no moonroof?

That's not a dumb question at all. I don't know, both of mine have moon roofs so I can't say by example. We can only hope that the wiring for it was a standard feature. The wiring diagram doesn't show those connectors as optional.

thanks JOEGR, the RAP wire(Retained Accesory Power), and the VSS wire worked perfectly, i actually ran my back up cammera the day before my 900bt came in, so i grabbed the reverse wire at the reverse light on the trunk lid (black with a red stripe, negitive trigger) since i had to take it apart to run the cable from the camera to the front anyway. and like always, you are dead acurate.

06 Lincoln LS Speed Sense: White wire, + Polarity, found at the ABCM under the hood. Got that from the tech info we use at the shop.

Yes, but catching it at the white/green wire under the dash behind the kick panel is much easier than having to run a wire through the firewall. Why would you when the same signal is available inside the car?

[My info came from the factory wiring diagrams and has been verified on three cars, two of them mine.]

Yes, but catching it at the white/green wire under the dash behind the kick panel is much easier than having to run a wire through the firewall. Why would you when the same signal is available inside the car? [My info came from the factory wiring diagrams and has been verified on three cars, two of them mine.]

If I had the info that you did, I would go for the white/green wire. I was only posting what info I had available.