AVIC411.com

Settings, settings, settings........

Well, I got totally pissed off with all the menu references to particular settings so decided to eliminate the word 'setting/s' as much as possible. What a PITA to see Top Menu > Settings > Settings Menu > Navi Settings > GPS & Time Settings > Time Settings etc. etc.............

Also, some of the longer titles were bunched up with narrower font and it looked shite.

So I edited 'settings' from titles, altered some wording, and I've now got nearly all of the titles looking more uniform in appearance, except for one: Regional Settings. I've found references to it in advmenu, settings and navigatemap, and altered the actual 'text="xxxxx"' but still can't get rid of 'settings'.

Anyone have any ideas?

Boris???????? LOL

EDIT - And has anyone come up with info on how to alter font in non-Navi menus?

post-26891-12872757084282_thumb.jpg

post-26891-12872757084974_thumb.jpg

Won't be easy... even though there are references to iGO's standard regional setting screens there, the regional settings that you see are part of the AVIC shell, not iGO (because they need to change language for AV pasrt of the system as well). You probably could change the wording by editing .RES files, but that's something I have never experimented with...

Won't be easy... You probably could change the wording by editing .RES files, but that's something I have never experimented with...

Cheers Boris, I will have a look at what you suggest, first time for everything...................

:wink:

Yeah, I would think it might be in one of the PND files in SystemSettingRes.Res (in APL folder)... Particuloarly,check out the SystemSetting.cmf file... it seems to have all the strings in all the languages AVIC supports across the world

so you're telling me you can edit the system text, and get rid of the gay "top menu" text????

do tell!!! btw my SystemSettings.cmf looks like this

S _ C M N _ B u t t o n B u t t o n _ 0 0 5 . c t l 1 5

N S _ C M N _ B u t t o n B T N _ 0 0 6 . c t l 1 6

N S _ C M N _ B u t t o n B T N _ 0 0 3 . c t l 1 7

N S _ C M N _ B u t t o n B T N _ L I S T _ 0 0 1 _ T e x t . c t l 1 8

N S _ C M N _ B u t t o n T A B _ 0 0 1 . c t l 1 9

N S _ C M N _ B u t t o n T A B _ 0 0 2 . c t l 2 0

N S _ C

Won't let me search, is that normal?

so you're telling me you can edit the system text, and get rid of the gay "top menu" text????

N S _ C

I could search it just fine with EditPlus... there were tons of text strings and maps to which controls they appear in...

N S _ C

I could search it just fine with EditPlus... there were tons of text strings and maps to which controls they appear in...

I was having the same problem, it doesn't seem to play nice with notepad(although in my case I could search). I guess I'll go look for EditPlus.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been busy with other stuff, in particular trying to get MioPocket fully functional (with BT) on my 500. But I will be looking at this again soon, I love the font I now use on iGO screens, so I am keen to be able to use it throughout the device.