AVIC411.com

New F90BT Owner, The good, The bad & The Ugly

I just purchased a F90BT from 6th Avenue and it arrived this week. I had the unit installed professionally by a local Pioneer dealer including the Pioneer XM adapter.

The Good

The dealer did a awesome job and the quality of the installation was great and everything looks top notch

The Bad

I noticed when I end phone calls via the bluetooth between my F90BT and my LG Dare it takes 1-2 minutes for the F90BT to function again.

Also sometimes it just reboots for no reason while touching the buttons on the screen. This has happened about 3 times today.

The Ugly

During one of the lockup and reboots after the F90BT rebooted and when it came backup all my AM & FM presets were gone :(

Also I am not getting any MSN signal bars and my car's antenna unit is connected properly in the back of the F90BT to receive AM/FM local radio

The dealer who installed the unit is going to install a amplified AM/FM antenna to see if that fixes the MSN reception problems.

Has anyone else noticed the signal bars on the MSN screen grey in color ?

My F90BT did come with 2.0 installed and I have verified the bluetooth is running version 3.3 already.

I expected a few bumps in the road but not this many.

Thanks for the replies. Yes I registered and activated my free 90 day msn subscription via the website and had the radio turned on for over 1 hour when the activation was taking place.

I am glad others have no bars and the service still works. I did contact the dealer that installed the F90BT and he indicates that they have seen the problem with unable to receive MSN or reception issue and it was due to the cars factory antenna not working properly or not working at all.

They are recommending a amplified antenna that mounts on the dash from Metra to improve the reception. I am going to have them install that on Monday and we will see if that gets my MSN signal working.

I really like all the features of this unit, it would be even nicer if it was more stable

Well I drove about 3 hours today and the F90BT was behaving itself much better than yesterday with no reboots :D

Also I got closer to a area with strong MSN direct reception and my subscription showed up as active and I actually saw green bars on the screen 8)

So all in all it was a very good day for the F90BT