AVIC411.com

F500BT Line out signal WEAK

Recently installed a new F500BT along with the ND-G500 power amp in my company service truck. The amp is great for my application - tightens up the shitty OEM stereo sound, and all the features work through it. Problem is... The radio output slams the amp good - but when I play music off the SD card the volume is totally weak.

I guess I'll have to install a line booster, but the AVIC was designed to use with this amp!

Any ideas appreciated.

This forum rocks

I just discovered the same problem with mine. I have one installed in an 08 dodge pickup that has a factory AUX port on the deck. If I hook an iPod directly through the deck it sounds great (for factory speakers at least) With my iPod i usually have the volume about 75% maxed and it's a great match with my factory deck. Now when I hook my F500BT to it running on an SD, I have to max out all settings (master volume plus the standard volume to the max of 20 on the GPS) and I have to turn my factory stereo to it's max to get to a moderately loud volume. The biggest problem, having everything at max volume adds distortion to the signal and therefore further degrades the sound if you try and even listen to it at a good level. Anyone know any fixes? :?

On edit: I'm not using the amp, I'm just hooking directly to the AUX port on my factory deck.

I've been hoping one of the many software Gods around here would latch on to this. (maybe change some code to add headroom in "master volume"?) If there's no way to increase output with a hack, I'll probably try putting a line driver between the output and the amp. This should work in the case of running into an aux. in as well. The problem with that is (besides the extra cost, extra work, etc.) is it might introduce noise and/or acceleration buzz.

I'm gonna wait a while and see if anyone comes with a hack solution.