AVIC411.com

how to reset the unti back to stock software?

thats the number one problem when people do the software hack for bypassing, they should have just done the hardware bypass. its easier, faster, stronger, longer, more powerful, bigger, taller, and all around better.

Except that software bypass just works. Hardware works or not depending on when the relocated wire decides to wiggle out of the harness...

Yes I agree, but software requires knowledge about transferring files, copy/pasting when I think that a lot of people coming here for the first time might not bee to savvy about that.

its easier to do the hardwire and the wire is pretty secure for the most part. Software works... ONLY if done correctly.

hardware is pretty fool proof, only if they follow the instructions.

*edit* the pin holding the mute wire is pretty secure when reinserted, but its true, ive heard of some people breaking them off.

*edit* either or... do whats the best and works for you. as long as it works right? BUT REMEMBER, DO ONE OR THE OTHER METHOD. NOT BOTH!!

While I agree that the HW may be a simpler solution to the problem, IMHO the software hack is a more robust solution. I believe this for a few reasons:

1. It is in code. Meaning that nothing can wiggle loose and F-you over when you don't Expect it.

2. It is really not that hard. There are numerous tutorials on this site, and honestly if you can use a computer and a Flash card, your in business.

3. It does not wear the harness. When you start swapping wires, you inevitably make the connection loose its grip slightly, and that coupled with the extreme heat and cold that a car is subject to can cause that connection to break entirely, due to the expansion and contraction of the metal in the wire.

But in the end it is a personnel Preference. I really don't want to start a flame war, i'm just stating my belief.

Any-hoo, Happy Modding

I ment to go back to the previous software version, so that I can update it with the newer version with a modfied value for the speed hack to watch videos while driving...

there seems to be no easy way to do it... I just want to put the value... it seems to be very hard!!?

It's very easy to do, just read the FAQ. The very first question explains how to apply software mods to the F-Series. Doing so is in no way related to updating your firmware.

YOU CAN DO THE SOFTWARE BYPASS AFTER UPGRADING TO 2.0