AVIC411.com

i used to have a avic D2 in my truck and it got the rca ground loop issue so i bought a f700. I am a huge audiophile and the D2 had PERFECT SQ. i assumed the 700 would be the same but i cannot get my system to sound the same, and im about to return it and find a d2 again.

i hear a crackling sound from my speakers, mainly from midrange sound, even at low volumes. the sound is also either too flat or too tinny depending on how i adjust it. DOES ANYONE ELSE HEAR THIS?? nothing else is different in my setup from when i had the d2 and i have been adjusting the EQ with no success for weeks. any advice would be a great help.

also HUGE thanks to everyone on this site, you are true geniuses and very giving to learn all this and go out of your way to share it with all of us.

I have the same problem with my d2 can anyone help? I just did the bypass and now it says im in California when i live in Oregon. As im driving the gps is not right it says im going 5 mph as im going 60 it shows me going the wrong direction and now the speakers are crackling and i dont know why. I have tried to reset it and nothing seems to fix it everything worked fine before i did the bypass does that have something to do with it? I installed it and everything is soldered together. Can somone help me???

I have a hammer that mite work. Lol

avic d2

pac steering wheel interface

pac onstar interface

xm

CD-IB100II Ipod interface :lol:

Crackling sound is obviously not an issue with the unit design itself, and sound is subjective. You probably just got used to your D2. Personally, I think the unit sounds great with the "Vocal" EQ setting, Bass boosted to about 3, and loudness turned to "high". Give it a shot, sounds great on my set-up.

Before the volume only went to 23 then it crackled now it goes to 34. Im wondering if the pac onstar interface took a crap or am i getting interference through it ? im going from the stock harness to the pac onstar interface to the d2 and the speaker wires run back through the interface cause i cant use the rca's since i have bose i just can't believe its doing this now and it didnt do it before and its been in my truck for 3 years and never had a problem

Thanks for your help