AVIC411.com

Weird...fired up the car the other day expecting to see the Pioneer start up screen and nothing. All the hard buttons work and I even hunted around the screen with my finger and the touch screen buttons seem to work. I hit RESET and that didn't do anything. I have a dark screen.

Is this common? Is it something I can fix myself? I'd sure hate to send it to Pioneer service along with a $200 check for something easily fixed.

Thanks in advance!

Keith

Jo-Di's Radio Repair

53 Newfield Ave

Hartford, CT 06106

(860) 953-0411

this place fixed mine twice, first the touch screen stopped working, they put in a new one for $100.00, perfect like brand new. 1/2 the cost of pioneer.

the second time they fixed it 6 months later, was because i decided since my car wouldn't start it might be a good idea to boost it with a 200amp battery booster, bad idea in retrospect, blew out the illumination like you are describing, fixed it for $90.00 this time. send it in to them, get an estimate, they will only charge you for return shipping like $20.00 if you don't fix it, its worth a shot. ley me know how u make out.

Ya know, I called Pioneer to tell them about this and they want $200 regardless of the issue to fix any unit. I just sent them this thing last June with $200 for another issue I had with the unit. This is completely unfair and a consumer ripoff as far as I am concerned. So much for Pioneer standing behind their products.

Anyone have a similar experience? It's a freakin backlight...how does that constitute a $200 fee?