AVIC411.com

I am kinda nervous

Ok i have read the How to's on here and still kinda nervous. I have not recieved my avic yet but when i do i want to be more confident. So i need to put it into test mode to mod it obviously and i can do that. but then the files i am gonna switch over to the new data.zip folder do i put those on a new sd card and put that in after it is in test mode or what. That is what i am not clear about. And also do i have to decompress the files before putting them on the sd card and transefering the files or what. Sorry i am such a noob just dont wanna mess this thing up when i get it... Thanks Guys... Kevin

Ok i have read the How to's on here and still kinda nervous. I have not recieved my avic yet but when i do i want to be more confident. So i need to put it into test mode to mod it obviously and i can do that. but then the files i am gonna switch over to the new data.zip folder do i put those on a new sd card and put that in after it is in test mode or what. That is what i am not clear about. And also do i have to decompress the files before putting them on the sd card and transefering the files or what. Sorry i am such a noob just dont wanna mess this thing up when i get it... Thanks Guys... Kevin

You can put files you are moving to AVIC either on the same card as Test Mode or on a different one, does not matter. Personally, I keep a card with just the Test Mode in the car, and edit files on a separate card, but that's just my personal preference.

If you are moving over a tested working DATA.ZIP, do not uncompress anything. Just copy it over the existing one.

If you are experimenting with your own mods, you can move over only extracted files in a correct folder structure.