AVIC411.com

Z1 Questions

Hello, I am strongly considering getting a Z1 for my 2006 Frontier and am looking for a bit more information. Unfortunately, I am very interested in the iPod interface and have read about the issues with it here. I was wondering if you are able to navigate it with subfolders...that is select artist and then select alblum and then song or if you just get all of the songs after your initial selection. The former is how the interface works with my Frontier and I hate it. Does the Z1 interface with existing steering wheel controls...even just volume would be good?

Just out of curiosity, if the iPod interface was one of your most significant factors...is there another nav system/head unit that you would recommend? I really like the display of the Z1 and the amount if info it has, it just seems like the speed is miserable. Has anyone tried anonther interface like the Harmon Karmon drive and play with the Z1? Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
I was actually thinking about getting that Harmon Karmon interface and instead of using the included screen, putting the picture into the AV inputs of the Z1.

I'm not sure if the output from the brain of the HK interface could be converted to RCA, but it sounded like a good idea to me. However, I never really looked into it.

Maybe if you're not lazy like me, you could get that to work.
For the general public, the i-Pod interface isn't really that bad or slow, we on this forum just bitch about it because most of us are techno-junkies and computer geeks. We call 3 ghz computers 'slow' and 100 gb hard drives 'barely sufficient'. So our opinions are a bit jaded.
[quote name="jimmy303"]For the general public, the i-Pod interface isn't really that bad or slow, we on this forum just bitch about it because most of us are techno-junkies and computer geeks. We call 3 ghz computers 'slow' and 100 gb hard drives 'barely sufficient'. So our opinions are a bit jaded.[/quote]

exactly.. i thought it was way too slow too but i showed it to a non-technical friend and they said it wasn't bad at all.. so don't expect it to be as easy as navigating through the ipod itself.. but also, it's very usable if you make playlists.. that's how i use it and don't have to worry about searching through songs.. i just have 3-4 playlists basically that i just keep on shuffle.. but yea.. it definitely would be a little annoying if you search for a specific song after each song you play