AVIC411.com

problem booting up...pioneer says bypas could be prob

hey guys/gals...after searching around here for a while i have noticed that there has been a few problems like mine...itll go to load screen then just blank screen...ive tried the reset button along with other buttom combos and still nothing. sometimes itll get stuck on loading with flashing menu/map buttons and still nothing. pioneer customer service rep said that the wire bypass has lead to this problem in the past.....anyone know if this is true? i can tear the dash apart and switch it back but i wanna see if there is anything else i can do since its -10 outside.

no software mods at all, all i have loaded was custom splash screens. idk. one day it was dim like it was in night mode. all was working then it just shut down. it still sounds like the unit is powered up but nothing is on, no screen no menu lights.......would a bad ground be a problem? im at my wits end maybe the ground came loose or something

either check the power connections and the grounds, or have them checked. if they are all ok, tell pioneer you have un-done the bypass and it is still malfunctioning. they are pretty good about warranty issues if your still covered. i never had to warranty the avic's i have, but i did have a single din pioneer unit in my old car and they swapped it out for me no problem.

I'm seriously askin myself if there's no trouble in the system while we ignit the motor...

sorry if that have been talken before, but if we have to send back the unit to pioneer to reload the system, does that mean that the system progessively get crash because everytime when you put the contact on with the key, and after ignit the car, the start screen reload....

if windows run behind, in normal situation, it's not safe to start "windows" and to turn it off suddenly and restart again...?? what do you think ? i'm wrong ?

The same exact thing just happened to me 2 weeks ago. The screen was dim, like in night mode during the day. The next reboot it never booted. Pioneer said it was probably due the software getting corrupted. I sent it in and they reloaded the software and got it back to me in about 8 days. Works great now, actually works better since now I get AM reception and better HD radio reception although I think that was due to a loose connector I found on the antenna harness.

I got the impression the software thing was common since they knew right away what the solution was.

I do have mine bypassed with the wire method.

Sounds like they're blaming the first thing they could without looking at it. I had my car brought to the dealership for a bad Instrument cluster and Mazda tried saying it was the avic's fault before it even went into the bay :roll:

The hardware bypass has nothing to do with the unit booting up. Maybe it just has to be reflashed.