AVIC411.com

Anyone Tried Launching Exe's from WinCE?

So has anyone tried launching the various executable files contained on the flashdisk by creating shortcuts to the WinCE desktop or running the program files directly after booting into testmode?

Did they run?

GPS tester, control panel apps etc. run happily.

I was wondering more about the NAVI.exe files the radio files, the phone executables, etc. The core Pioneer NAVI apps..

Also, has anyone identified the boot file that has all of the startup programs in it? Call me crazy, but I want to trace through this file to try and determine the source of my constant rebooting. There has to be a corrupt file or something in the boot stream...

I was wondering more about the NAVI.exe files the radio files, the phone executables, etc. The core Pioneer NAVI apps..

Also, has anyone identified the boot file that has all of the startup programs in it? Call me crazy, but I want to trace through this file to try and determine the source of my constant rebooting. There has to be a corrupt file or something in the boot stream...

MainMenu.exe in the APL folder starts the Pioneer software. When my F500BT kept rebooting it was caused by an error in the data.zip file located in the APL2\iGO\ directory.

Thanks Fred. I actually tried running MainMenu.exe by navigating through WinCE to the APL (I think) folder. And it did work! I was at least able to run the radio portion of the software. The fact that my GPS is not working, though, tells me I may have a problem with the antenna. Perhaps it is crimped or damaged somewhere and if the unit is doing the constant reboot thing, maybe it is doing a hardware check on boot which is causing it to not load into the main menu.

Anyone out there have to replace their GPS antenna? I think I saw them on eBay for around $30...