AVIC411.com

Ipod cable alternative??

Would the Belkin Power Dock AV work instead of the traditional ipod or pioneer cable. I cant see a reason why it wouldnt since it has the usb connector and the 3 rca connectors. This might be a much cheaper alternative since it can be had on ebay for around $25. It may be a cleaner looking install too if you dont see any wiring.

You will need to give it a try, and please let us know whether this work or not. There are a couple things may make this not working:

1. The Video out may not compatible with new Ipod.

2. The charging may not compatible with new Ipod.

3. The dock may not support control (a.k.a. "This accessory is not supported...")

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody using the RocketFish cable with an iPhone/Touch with 2.2+ firmware? I know the Apple brand cables are different and the "A" version won't work with the new firmware, only the "B" version. I'm wondering about the RocketFish because it seems to be comparable in quality to the Apple one and much better than the Pioneer. If you are using it with 2.2, can you verify the model number of the cable?