AVIC411.com

probably a dumb question about iPhone hands-free (f900bt)

Since the iPhone does not have Voice Rec dialing, does that mean I wont be able to Voice Dial through my f900bt?

It recognizes all the artists and songs in my iPhone with no issues, but I can't seem to get any Contacts recognized (the bluetooth pairing and load of all my contacts worked well).

thanks

Voice dialing is supported using the iphone with the F series. There are a few people with this problem and it has been narrowed down to the way the iphone sometimes formats numbers that causes the problem. I dont remember the title but there is a thread on here detailing a solution to the problem. A quick search should of the forum should offer a solution.

Thanks. I found the thread and read all about how you have to change system files.

I just got the unit today, and was really excited to get it. But I'm finding that you have to be pretty technically savvy (working with SQLite, finding and modifying data/system files, etc) in order to get the unit to do some of the basic things you would want it to do.

In order to get the Contact #s formatted without the parenthesis that the iPhone automatically adds, I have to use SQLite to update some file and then load it back in via the SD slot, I guess. I have a mac, and my mac does not have a SD slot. So I'm not even sure where to start.

I also want to get rid of the "key tone" or "ping" that sounds loudly with every move you make. But that is another software file update or hack.

I paid a pro installer to put the unit in, and paid him extra to do the video bypass. He moved the wire to the new slot and said that was all that was needed. But of course, as soon as I hit 10 mph, the video would not play and I would get the error message. We think he moved the wire to the wrong location and I don't think he grounded the parking brake wire. So he has to pull it back out to try to troubleshoot (more $ from me).

If I bought this from Best Buy or something I would return it right away. But I bought it off ebay, and am pretty much stuck with it.

I know to all the tech folks on this forum, I probably sounds pretty dumb, as these mods are really elementary to them....but to me it is pretty daunting, cuz I will probably mess it up and turn the thing into a brick.

Oh well....so I guess I just need to realize that all I have a really expensive CD player. : )

I paid a pro installer to put the unit in, and paid him extra to do the video bypass. He moved the wire to the new slot and said that was all that was needed. But of course, as soon as I hit 10 mph, the video would not play and I would get the error message. We think he moved the wire to the wrong location and I don't think he grounded the parking brake wire. So he has to pull it back out to try to troubleshoot (more $ from me).

If I bought this from Best Buy or something I would return it right away. But I bought it off ebay, and am pretty much stuck with it.

Oh well....so I guess I just need to realize that all I have a really expensive CD player. : )

Look for the Hardware Bypass for Dummies thread, it will help you resolve the bypass issues, your installer just did 1/2 of it, not all.

Make sure you say exactly what is listed under the contacts menu on the unit. For example, if the contacts name is Smith, John, you have to say call smith, john, it won't work if you say call john smith.

There is a way in the iphone contacts listing to sort them the proper way for transfer to the unit.

Check out the pioneer avic 2.0 software video on youtube, it explains this pretty well.