AVIC411.com

Bluetooth connection drops after a minute, please help!

hey.. my bluetooth phone (treo 650, verizon) connects to the Z1, but it disconnects after about 30 seconds... it reconnects when the phone wakes up (on an incoming or outgoing call), but since the bluetooth is not constantly on, i cannot call manually from the Z1 or dial a POI since it does not think a phone is connected.. this is so annoying because it works fine in another car i tried (lexus lx470).. it constantly stays connected in there.. so are there any solutions to this at all?
[quote name="whtcrxghst"]Can you set your phone not to go into sleep mode(when the screen goes dark after 30 seconds)?[/quote]

i too first thought it was because it was going into sleep mode, but it's not that.. the backlight is still on and the bluetooth disconnects immediately (within 1 second) after hanging up a phone call.. also.. after the initial connection, when the Z1 first connects to the phone after startup, it stays connected for about 10-12 seconds (the 30 i said above was a bit generous i think).. and then it disconnects
  • 2 weeks later...
I had the same problem with my 650 - when you set it up you can choose to either connect as a headset or as a carkit. You want to set it up as a carkit to keep the connection when it finds the unit vs as a headset where it will make a first connection and then disconnect until you get a call... at least that's what worked for me...
oh ok.. yea actually they just released a new OS/firmware update for the verizon treo 650.... version 1.05a.. i had 1.04a before and i thought i did that but it didn't work.. i think what happened maybe is that i initiated the pairing from the navi instead of the phone which is probably what i should have done... since you said yours is working, did you update or does it work fine on the firmware version you have (probably 1.04a im guessing if you havent updated in the past week)? please let me know.. thanks so much for your help by the way
despite you being a knicks fan, i will chime in. well, actually, you are donating another high pick this year to my beloved bulls, so i owe you one. my installer warned me that the treo would drop the bluetooth like yours. i told him that this website indicated that it would work fine. i believe you should update the treo which is what i did prior to installing the unit. i believe in another thread here someone mentioned that the problems with the treo 650 are resolved if updated.
[quote name="Belosh"]despite you being a knicks fan, i will chime in. well, actually, you are donating another high pick this year to my beloved bulls, so i owe you one. my installer warned me that the treo would drop the bluetooth like yours. i told him that this website indicated that it would work fine. i believe you should update the treo which is what i did prior to installing the unit. i believe in another thread here someone mentioned that the problems with the treo 650 are resolved if updated.[/quote]

haha yea.. the knicks are just dumb lately with their moves.. you're right.. you should be thankful towards them.. lol.. anyway yup, i updated the OS on the treo 650 and it works fine now.. for anyone else out there who's having the same problem.. just update and make sure you initiate pairing from the phone (and make sure to select car kit, not headset).. should work fine and not drop at all