AVIC411.com

CNDV-80MT Download and Howto Burn

Does this solution (burning on a TDK disk) also work with divx files?

Because when I tried burning the files as a data disc the first time my D3 reads the disc perfectly. But after the first time I get the "Disk Read Error" message. Like my D3 got a mind of his own :P.

I used PHILIPS DVD+R 4.7GB 120MIN 1-16SPEED disks.

- Burned like a Video DVD didn't gave the error message.

- But like a Data DVD depend on the mood of my D3.

I first tought I had to clean my lens with a lens cleaner disk.

But thank God I found this forum :D.

I will try the TDK disk in the future and hope that this will solute my problem.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as your question about the service menu, you might try these steps below. Also note that this requires you to have a D3 remote.

Getting to the service menu and these steps are exactly like the D1 pretty much. You will have to have the remote and one of your original discs.

The numbers on the remote work like a 4 way dpad when navigating. The 5 key works as enter in some menus, in some menus the 7 key did the job i think, and in some menus 1 was Back instead of 4 i think. I could be wrong about these but you shouldn't mess anything up pressing the wrong one.

Service Menu

1. Hold eject and reset at same time, release reset button once screen blanks out. Do not release eject button yet.

2. Screen will say "please push reset button". Release the eject button at this point.

3. Take your remote and enter 8 1 8 3 7 2 0 8

What does the above service menu and code do? Would this work on a D2? and is this allow you to roll back to a previous disk?

Whit

As far as your question about the service menu, you might try these steps below. Also note that this requires you to have a D3 remote.

Getting to the service menu and these steps are exactly like the D1 pretty much. You will have to have the remote and one of your original discs.

The numbers on the remote work like a 4 way dpad when navigating. The 5 key works as enter in some menus, in some menus the 7 key did the job i think, and in some menus 1 was Back instead of 4 i think. I could be wrong about these but you shouldn't mess anything up pressing the wrong one.

Service Menu

1. Hold eject and reset at same time, release reset button once screen blanks out. Do not release eject button yet.

2. Screen will say "please push reset button". Release the eject button at this point.

What does the above service menu and code do? Would this work on a D2? and is this allow you to roll back to a previous disk?

Whit

Yes this will allow you to roll back to a previous disc. There is a different procedure though if your using a D2. You actually don't have to have a remote if you have a D2. You can check out THIS THREAD for information on how to get into the service menu on the D2.

FYI though if you unit boots up then you don't need to use the service menu to roll back your map software. You can just change the language on your unit by going into the settings and selecting a different language. Your unit will then ask you for your NAV DISC. At this point you can insert the disc that you wanna downgrade to. The unit will then install the map software in that language. Now once you do that your obviously gonna wanna change back to the ENGLISH language, so then go back into settings and change the LANGUAGE back to English. Insert your downgrade MAP disc again and now this time it will downgrade your unit with the correct language.

Service Menu

Whit

Yes this will allow you to roll back to a previous disc. There is a different procedure though if your using a D2. You actually don't have to have a remote if you have a D2. You can check out THIS THREAD for information on how to get into the service menu on the D2.

FYI though if you unit boots up then you don't need to use the service menu to roll back your map software. You can just change the language on your unit by going into the settings and selecting a different language. Your unit will then ask you for your NAV DISC. At this point you can insert the disc that you wanna downgrade to. The unit will then install the map software in that language. Now once you do that your obviously gonna wanna change back to the ENGLISH language, so then go back into settings and change the LANGUAGE back to English. Insert your downgrade MAP disc again and now this time it will downgrade your unit with the correct language.

What do you mean by Boot up?

When I turn on my truck my unit goes right to the Insert Proper Disk. I have no navigation and I can't get that screen to go away... I will check out this thread you posted and see what I can do.... I have had a hard time finding any way of rolling back this D2. Hope that thread will help.

Cheers

Whit

Ok I was able to get in the Service Menu... But I am not sure what steps I need to do inorder to roll back so I can insert the OG disks I had with this unit to make it work again...

Let me know if you can give me the instructions or point me to a thread that has this info...

Cheers

Whit

I'm sorry to say this, but I had ZERO success with the TDK disk. The update via language change seemed to finish, but it did tell me to insert the appropriate disk a few times during the firmware install... Using the TDK disk, sometimes I can't access the NAV screen at all and just freezes when I go into NAV, other times I can get in the NAV screen, but it shows the red arrow on a completely blue background, and other times, I could punch in a destination, but it would tell me that navigation wasn't possible because information wasn't available at the source or destination. But, I could not actually get to a point where it would calculate a route until I put in the verbatim disk again. Even with that one, it still seems pretty sketchy. If I make a wrong turn or miss a turn or something, sometimes it won't recalculate for me, and I have to RESET the D3 while driving.

So far, the Verbatim disk I just recently burned is working best... I had to put that one back in to get to where I needed to go this weekend. After a few dozen restarts and disk switches, that is.

Also... about the service menu screen. I have "a" remote... but I don't think it's 'THE" remote. What model number remote am I looking for? I can get to the screen where it says please press the reset button... but when I hit the numbers on the remote, it doesn't beep or do anything. Any help?

Riiight... I have a CD-R510 remote. I remember buying it because it's smaller than the CD-R55 remote that you've posted. Here's a picture... Any suggestions on getting this one to work? I really only use the volume up/down, source, and the little joystick... I don't think I've ever even TRIED to use the numbers.

CD-R510.jpg

Yeah I had a remote like that, it came with an older single din pioneer deck that I had back in the day. I did try to use it on my D3 but only a few buttons worked. I was trying to use it to get access to the service menu but it wasn't working out because the numbers weren't working.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm in your situation, i did the burn end it unsuccessfully. Did you have any luck trying to roll back? I went ahead a just brought a new disc but it wont get here until later next week. In the mean time, I want to address the inconvenience without NAV. I just get a blank screen asking for the inpropriate disc request but after reset, radio, camera, bt?, etc, seem to be in place except for the NAV requesting for the appropriate disc...thus, i can't change the language (Go into your NAV MENU and select "System Options", then select "Language".)

Any Help is appreciated. I have the remote and the code input get me nowhere. Also, just to verify, where should my remote setting should be at? DVD, TV, or AVH?

Thanks!

I'm sorry to say this, but I had ZERO success with the TDK disk. The update via language change seemed to finish, but it did tell me to insert the appropriate disk a few times during the firmware install... Using the TDK disk, sometimes I can't access the NAV screen at all and just freezes when I go into NAV, other times I can get in the NAV screen, but it shows the red arrow on a completely blue background, and other times, I could punch in a destination, but it would tell me that navigation wasn't possible because information wasn't available at the source or destination. But, I could not actually get to a point where it would calculate a route until I put in the verbatim disk again. Even with that one, it still seems pretty sketchy. If I make a wrong turn or miss a turn or something, sometimes it won't recalculate for me, and I have to RESET the D3 while driving.

So far, the Verbatim disk I just recently burned is working best... I had to put that one back in to get to where I needed to go this weekend. After a few dozen restarts and disk switches, that is.

Also... about the service menu screen. I have "a" remote... but I don't think it's 'THE" remote. What model number remote am I looking for? I can get to the screen where it says please press the reset button... but when I hit the numbers on the remote, it doesn't beep or do anything. Any help?

Well to start off, I made a few mistake by not installing the the appropriate burning software as DSMKilla recommended. I use Nero instead and the disc was no good in detection. Second, I panic and try to figure out on how to do the roll back with the remote, which it was unsuccessful and did not follow through the info on this page (f you're stuck...read this...viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17978&start=15) because I went back and burn a new disc on ImgBurn software and it work fine. Having fully tested yet.

Note: I do not have TDK and been using Memorx D-layer DVDR

Thanks and hope my experience is a good lesson to use the same burning software.

ps...i now own a authentic copy too. Just haven't arrived yet. :)

hello everybody.

I desperately need anybody's help here please.

i just finished downloading a torrent containing the cndv 80mt east and west. after i downloaded it. i used winrar to extract the iso files. here is where i get lost. when i extracted the east and west, i got a whole bunch of folders and other files but i never got an iso file for neither one. here is a picture of the folder holding the extracted content of the east rar file.

And here is the link where i got the download. http://www.sumotorrent.com/en/details/1 ... %20(2.html

do i have to convert those files to iso? or maybe the iso is hidden among the files? or maybe the torrent is not what i needed?

please help...

here is my email. fabio098@live.com just in case. i forgot what email i used to register to this website.

Many thanks in advance !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
hello everybody.

I desperately need anybody's help here please.

i just finished downloading a torrent containing the cndv 80mt east and west. after i downloaded it. i used winrar to extract the iso files. here is where i get lost. when i extracted the east and west, i got a whole bunch of folders and other files but i never got an iso file for neither one. here is a picture of the folder holding the extracted content of the east rar file.

And here is the link where i got the download. http://www.sumotorrent.com/en/details/1 ... %20(2.html

do i have to convert those files to iso? or maybe the iso is hidden among the files? or maybe the torrent is not what i needed?

please help...

here is my email. fabio098@live.com just in case. i forgot what email i used to register to this website.

Many thanks in advance !!!!!

This looks like the actual file system (and contents) of the disk, as opposed to an "image". You'll need to create/burn a DVD data disk with all this stuff included.

My first attempt at burning a CNDV-80MT (East) DVD was successful enough to allow me to complete the firmware update and operate the NAV system. I did eventually find that the POI and Address Search functions worked intermittently - meaning that when it did not work, an attempt to pull up the POI search would just drop me back to the map display. :x At one point I thought it may be thermal issues, since it seemed to correlate with extreme cold, and after a length of time the system would become more responsive. I did discover over time (> 4 months) that even when it did become responsive, it seemed to ponder exceedingly long on some letters, and certain search items would always kick me back to the map (e.g. entering "cu" as in "cunningham", or "ku" as in "kumon") :o. This in the end convinced me that :idea: my disk burn was faulty (or at least the drive had difficulty reading it), and certain sectors of the database were rendered inaccessible. The disk is a Memorex DVD+R DL, which I created using Roxio Basic v9.0 which came free with my HP Pavilion Desktop PC.

I've now burned a second Memorex DVD+R DL 8X disk using the same Roxio software, this time selecting the options to use the hard drive as an intermediate step in the burning process (even though the .ISO file is already on the hard drive), and closing the file system when completed. When I inserted this new disk into my AVIC N2, the NAV system came up normally, and presto!... the POI Search came up immediately and all previously faulty search terms were immediately found, and not only that, response to letter entries was noticeably quicker... I would even say "snappy!" :D

Bottom line tips?

1. [*:275qfou2]A Memorex DVD+R DL 8X disk can be made to work.
    [*:275qfou2] Roxio DVD Creator Basic v9.0 is an effective DVD-burning tool.
    [*:275qfou2]The lengthy burn process requires a stable, undisturbed PC platform to create a good disk (burning at 1X is probably less important than making sure you're not streaming HD video or gaming at the same time).
    [*:275qfou2]It's probably a good idea to turn off your screen idle when burning.