AVIC411.com

Keep the F500BT or upgrade to an indash unit?

I recently purchased the F500BT and ND-G500 amplifier and have been having second thoughts. My current head unit is a Pioneer DEHP4000UB with the HD tuner and I listen to a lot of the HD stations in my area. I also have this installed with a really nice Rockford Fosgate amp so when I'm playing my iPod the sound is exceptional.

Problem is that I can not find a way to integrate the F500BT into my system and keep my current Amp and use the ND-G500 amp as well. I want the functionality of muting the music for the Navi voice prompts and to do that I need to use the ND-G500 amp. Plugging the Navi into the Aux-input eliminates the stereo all together so that's not an optioin.

I spent hours doing searches trying to find a thread where someone hooked up this system using two amps but I had no luck. Pioneer wasn't much help either (they told me to use the Aux input).

It would be nice if the ND-G500 put out more than 12W x 4 but it doesn't. So I'm wondering if I should have spent the extra $$ and got a F700BT instead?

Just looking for some opinnions or maybe a way to wire my current amp in with the G500 amp.

• 11 months later...

It would be nice if the ND-G500 put out more than 12W x 4 but it doesn't. So I'm wondering if I should have spent the extra $$ and got a F700BT instead?

simple answer, hell yea.

the 500 was designed for people who have decent simple factory systems and want to add nav. because of how it work, it is not made for more complicated systems especially with high power amplifiers, that is what the 700 and 900 where designed for, complete source unit replacement and full integration. however because of it cheap price many people are trying to save a few bucks and integrate the 500 into their existing systems and then have to deal with all of the flaws and complications that come with buying the wrong unit for their needs and wants.