AVIC411.com

Hi,

Has anybody ever had their SD card stop working. Mine was working fine yesterday, now it won't read. The radio "see's it", but it stays at the "Now Loading" screen. It won't play videos or music. I tried booting into testmode and that worked fine, so I know the SD slot works. Anybody have any ideas on what I could try to fix it?

Thanks,

Shivedog

Hi, Were you able to resolve this? I have an AVIC-F500BT and it is doing the same thing. I created MUSIC and MOVIES folders and pasted a couple of stuff in them on both a USB thumb drive (16GB) and an SD card (2GB) but both remain greyed out under the AV source screen. I even put files in the root on both but it still doesn't pick anything up. The USB and SD card both are getting recognized by the unit since I can select them to upload a POI or change the splash screen. I also updated my AVIC to ver 2.0 using the same SD card. Are there suppose to b2 specific folders? If so what should they be called? My SD card is formatted FAT16 and the USB Dive is FAT32

I called tech support and they are useless! My SD and USB were not greyed out. I could select them, but the unit would just sit at "Now loading" screen and never find the files. I don't think it matters where you put the files, I had them on the root directory and in folders when it worked. I downloaded a backup of the entire F700BT from the FTP site listed in one of the threads. I am going to try and reinstall the enitre AVIC pioneer software and see if that fixes the problem. I believe somehow one of the files in the pioneer software got corrupted and won't find the files when searching the SD card or the USB stick.

Do you know where I can find files for the Avic-F500BT? I'll try and replacig them as well. The sad thing is i just bought the unit 2 days ago and as soon as i got it i upgraded it to version 2.0 without testing the USB or the SD under the AV source menu. So I don't know if it was working before i did the upgrade. I can connect an iPod via usb and it shows up but no USB or SD cards.

Here is the link

http://66.59.250.9:8000

login: avic

pass:

paste it in your browser. It took me 9 hours to download F700 backup. Once downloaded, extract it on your computer's HDD. Copy it over to your SD card along with the Testmode files on the root directory. Once in test mode, delete all contents in the "My Flash" directory, took about 20 minutes for me. Then copy over the contents from the SD card to that directory, took about 30 min for me. This method worked for me, I figured if it didn't I was going to have to send it in anyway, so why not try it.

Thank you shivedog for the tremendous help. I got it to work but the fix was in the ver 2.0 update folder. So here is a detailed guide of what I did to get my SD and USB to start picking up media files again. I am sure this will help out some poor fella like me because I was in a shitty mood the past 2 days and just wanted to kill myself. I beautifully installed it (with a little paint chip :D) flushed inside my dash and now I couldn't play anything off of it. Anyways here goes.

As soon as I got my Avic without even thinking or testing any media files off of an SD card or a USB Drive, I downloaded and updated both the firmware (to Ver 2.0) and the bluetooth software of my AVIC-F500BT. I then tried playing media files off of it and the SD and USB would both remain greyed out. I plugged in a friends iPod and it got picked up immediately via USB. I searched and searched and read and my intuition told me that something got f'ed up when the update happened. I made a backup of my flash drive and downloaded the 1.0 flash disk zip file from the site shivedog posted above. I copied it onto my Avic's flash drive and rebooted it. It would stay at the pioneer screen and a System is loading.... screen would remain plastered at the bottom. I could only access the menu, system settings, and click on the map screen but couldn't click ok at the notice screen to get to the actual map. I loaded the ver 2.0 update folder on to my flash drive and rebooted. The update process completed and it rebooted. I checked under service information and it did say 2.0 so it did the update but the problem remained. Nothing worked. I then again booted into testmode and deleted everything off of my flash drive and then copied over the initial backup I had made of my system before doing any of this. I rebooted and everything was back to normal except for the SD and USB drive issue off course. That b***h still remained. So now I copied the ver 2.0 update folder again onto my SD card and booted into test mode. I then copied all the folders except PLT from the update folder and replaced the files in the folders, of the same name, in the flash drive. I rebooted again and lo and behold the SD card was picked up and I could play media files off of it. I was so happy I decided not to commit suicide.

I hope this helps.

Haris.

• 4 weeks later...
Here is the link

http://66.59.250.9:8000

login: avic

pass:

paste it in your browser. It took me 9 hours to download F700 backup. Once downloaded, extract it on your computer's HDD. Copy it over to your SD card along with the Testmode files on the root directory. Once in test mode, delete all contents in the "My Flash" directory, took about 20 minutes for me. Then copy over the contents from the SD card to that directory, took about 30 min for me. This method worked for me, I figured if it didn't I was going to have to send it in anyway, so why not try it.

I'm getting authentication failed with user "avic" and blank password. HELP!

Guys the answer is in my post. PLS READ READ READ. You don't need a back up of the whole flash disk if the only problem ur facing is ur SD/USB not working or something else breaking after you do the 2.0 update. All you need is the original update zip file for ver 2.0 from pioneer. U need to unzip it and then copy and replace any files and/or folders on ur flash disk with what is in the LUP... update folder. If someone still needs an the full flash disk for an Avic-F500BT (because that is what I own) please let me know and I will upload it to anywhere you want.

Haris.

Guys the answer is in my post. PLS READ READ READ. You don't need a back up of the whole flash disk if the only problem ur facing is ur SD/USB not working or something else breaking after you do the 2.0 update. All you need is the original update zip file for ver 2.0 from pioneer. U need to unzip it and then copy and replace any files and/or folders on ur flash disk with what is in the LUP... update folder. If someone still needs an the full flash disk for an Avic-F500BT (because that is what I own) please let me know and I will upload it to anywhere you want.

Haris.

So basically I can go to the main page for avic411.com and click the link for the pioneer 2.0 firmware, download it, open the zip file and inside will be the LUP folder that I need?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...