AVIC411.com

F90 - Touch buttons lock-up

I've searched the forum and have not located a similar issue. If it has been addressed already please point me in the right direction!

I have the F90BT and have the hardware bypass working great. The problem I have, when playing any audio (CD, SD, DVD) and then adjusting the volume knob, the buttons on the screen "lock-up" and are not functional (such as track, folder, pause etc). To reset them I need to hit the hard menu button, go back to the AV source and not touch the volume control.

Does this have something to do with the mute rewire for the bypass? Anyone else have this problem and have you found a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I have the same problem and I haven't done any mods. The unit will regularly not respond to touch and I have to hit the menu or map buttons to get the unit to recognize. I have the F90-BT. This happens regardless if I adjust the volume or not. Very frustrating.

I just installed this unit today. One of the very first frustrations I had was the responsiveness and delay in the touch screen buttons. Several times it seemed like it took a while for the system to realize I had hit a button. Other times I had to do the same as you all and hit the menu hard button to get me back to normal. Good to know it is not an isolated incident.

I just installed this unit today. One of the very first frustrations I had was the responsiveness and delay in the touch screen buttons. Several times it seemed like it took a while for the system to realize I had hit a button. Other times I had to do the same as you all and hit the menu hard button to get me back to normal. Good to know it is not an isolated incident.

i had the same problem before i added the ps-swi. after i installed the swi, the touchscreen has worked 100% of the time. there is some discussion of this same problem in another thread, but we hadn't come up with a sure fire fix for this... there doesn't seem to be any common factors that lead to this problem, so there's no guarantee that what worked for me will work for you.

Yes, I have exactly this too. It's one of the two biggest reasons that I plan to replace it with something else.

i had the same problem before i added the ps-swi. after i installed the swi, the touchscreen has worked 100% of the time. there is some discussion of this same problem in another thread, but we hadn't come up with a sure fire fix for this... there doesn't seem to be any common factors that lead to this problem, so there's no guarantee that what worked for me will work for you.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Sounds like a common problem. I purchased the ps-swi and need to install. Hopefully I have the same positive result.