AVIC411.com

just installed F700BT

Just set up my F700BT in my 2000 Avalon XLS, this is what i think so far, other than i'm very happy with my purchase. The start up time isn't bad, by the time i'm out of my driveway the audio is up, when i get to the end of the street the bluetooth is connected. One thing i will say is don't bother trying to use the radio untill after the bluetooth is connected, even after the system is up it is slow to respond, after it connects to the phone its good to go. The bypass worked awesome, everyone wants one now. I hope in the next update that with the Sirius info display it will show both artist and song, the box is big enough but it only shows either or, and the presets should change to show the channel number or station.

My question, my car doesn't have an illumination wire on its harness, would this dim the display when my lights are on? My only problem now is the hum and clicks, it does not seem to be affected by the RPMs and does get worse when the lights are on, i will have to take it apart and see what i can do, i'll be doing some research, any ideas would be appreciated. Also i have the recommenced equipment and i don't get the replay option in the Sirius menu, i can't pause or rewind, the button isn't there, anyone else with this problem?

...My question, my car doesn't have an illumination wire on its harness, would this dim the display when my lights are on?

Do you have your illumination wire "from the AVIC" connected to anything now? If you are trying to have the AVIC dim its lights, connect it to the (+) lead for your headlight switch, vs. any instrument cluster "dimmer knob". The off/on nature of the headlight switch will dim the AVIC to a fixed level.