AVIC411.com

Are you using the proper harness to go between the Pioneer harness and the cars harness? I used a Metra 70-5521. Then make all of your connections here, then just plug it all together. DO NOT cut the factory plugs off the harness'. The only connections that cannot be made here are the VSS and the illumination. These locations can be found with a little bit of searching on your part, either here on this board or I also used mustangforums.com to gather alot of information. G/L.

No. That wire needs to be connected in the fuse box that is in the passenger footwell or in the engine compartment. I do not remember the correct wire offhand but I beleive it is in a thread here in this forum. I'll look for it if I get a chance.

Lol, that's pretty funny, I just did an 08 mustang gt this past saturday (3/7/09) for a avic-f90bt.

It's pretty easy as long as you have the right parts. As someone previously mentioned, the 5521 harness, dash kit, and chrylser antenna adapter.

The pink wire goes to vss. Most of the sites and forums online say the car uses a CAN signal and doesn't have a vss, but I did find some sites that listed it. I found is easily connected it and worked perfectly. it's at the ecu under the hood, right behind the passenger side headlight. The wire's in the top plug, bottom left corner of the plug, blue w/yellow stripe. It's the only blue wire in the harness.

If you have a shaker system you have to take some extra steps in order to get it to sound good. The 5521 harness integrates the shaker system perfectly but you need to put a voltage converter on the blue turn on signal wire in order to prevent the loud annoying pop when you first turn on the car. After market radios use a +12v turn on signal, but the ford systems use a +5v. This results in a really loud pop. I read online that anything between 5 -> 8 volts will work. I went to radio shack and they only had one with 6v output. It looks like a cig lighter phone charger with a blank end on it(the end that would normally go into the phone). I also purchased a hardwired cig lighter adapter. (This is a part that has the female side of the cig lighter with loose +/- wires on the back) Plugged the 2 together, grounded the negative input and connected the positive input to the amp turn on coming out of the radio. The positive output of the cig lighter goes to your car's amp turn on (the blue/wh in the 5521) and the neg get's no connection. I know there's easier and better ways out there so if anyone disagrees with what i did please don't flip out. I have done it before with resistors, but I can't remember what resistance i did, i didn't have a multimeter during this install, and i really didn't feel like messing around with it.

As far as the illumination, there's is no connection behind the radio. Just pull out the head light switch (pry it out very gently) and there's a positive trip wire there. Sry can't remember the color.

Also, there's no accessory wire behind the radio. so you have to either go to the cig lighter if that's accessory or the ignition harness.