AVIC411.com

bypass an 08/06 avic z1 with the grounds

when my avic z1 was installed they installer didn't plug in the RCA connectors...my question is if they are plugged in do the components just hang in the open space behind the unit...also specifically how do you connect the RCA connectors and switch the ground pins...i say ducati boys website but i'm not too electrically savvy and it wasn't very clear to me...thanks for any advice
[quote name="pmetzger1"]when my avic z1 was installed they installer didn't plug in the RCA connectors...my question is if they are plugged in do the components just hang in the open space behind the unit...[/quote]

Yah, they just hang back there. They all have caps on them so they don't short to anything (not that I think that would matter).

[quote name="pmetzger1"]also specifically how do you connect the RCA connectors and switch the ground pins...[/quote]

Is that 2 questions? Connector 2 does have RCA's on there, but if you aren't using anything with RCA's (aux in or out or amps or whatever) then you won't need to connect anything to the RCA's. You will have to plug in the connector that the RCA's are on (CONNECTOR 2). That just plugs right in.

"Switching the ground pins" is not technically correct. It's switching out a wire you aren't using to plug into a new location and then you ground that new wire. I tried to put how to switch wires on the site:
Personally I took the "cell phone mute" wire out of "connector 1" by taking a jewlers screw driver and lift up on the white plastic connector part just behind the "metal tang" in the connector. Some times with these connectors, you push on the metal tang to get the wire out, with these connectors, lift up on the plastic tang retainer, don't push down on the tang.
I'm not sure I know another way to explain it. Look down you will see little silver metal tangs sticking up and holding in the wire and metal plug end, then between that tang and the wire, lift up on the white plastic housing right behind the tang, and the wire and metal will pull right out. Then you can insert what ever wire you just pulled out into any location.

[quote name="pmetzger1"]i say ducati boys website but i'm not too electrically savvy and it wasn't very clear to me...thanks for any advice[/quote]

Was that any better? I would think that if you were looking at the connector it might make more sense.