AVIC411.com

Any mods that display icon's info when pressing POI icon?

Whether routing or not, if there is a generic map icon displayed, "Restaurant" for instance, is there any way to press the icon and have it display the detail info? Or is it possible to program a button/shortcut, where after highlighting the icon with the "cursor", pressing the button/shortcut brings up the info?

Right now it seems like you have to drill down a bit and just do a mass search to find the closest POI to the cursor position. I'd just like to have at least the initial info which is displayed after running a search, like what comes up on the list, if not the stock info "split display" screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Update edit:

I'm not sure if my touch screen is flaky or if it's the "Maverickster Mod", but it "seemed" like I was able to highlight the icon with the "cursor" and then press the info button and it came up (non-routing mode). However this only worked 1/30x. I don't believe it worked prior to the mod, though I've only had the unit a week. Pressing the info button only moves the cursor "underneath" the button.

Please disregard if this is a "built-in" feature, I may just have a bad screen...even after calibrating via AVIC interface, and Windows CE.