AVIC411.com

I did a search and didnt find the answer.Im trying to use the SD slot in my 700bt and I cant figure out how to turn it on.The manual talks about using it but I didnt see anything about making it active.Any help??

Umm... you strick an SD card with some music in it, and it works...

I did a search and didnt find the answer.Im trying to use the SD slot in my 700bt and I cant figure out how to turn it on.The manual talks about using it but I didnt see anything about making it active.Any help??

Thats what I thought.I put the card in and the SD card icon stays gray.

Thats what I thought.I put the card in and the SD card icon stays gray.

What kind of card? Is it formatted as FAT16/FAT32? Does it contain music files in folders?

What kind of card? Is it formatted as FAT16/FAT32? Does it contain music files in folders?

Its a Scandisc 512 MB,pretty standard huh?

As far as formatting I have no clue what youre talking about.I dont even know how to check that.As far as content goes,it has pictures.Can I use it to view pics or is it music only?

Its a Scandisc 512 MB,pretty standard huh?

As far as formatting I have no clue what youre talking about.I dont even know how to check that.As far as content goes,it has pictures.Can I use it to view pics or is it music only?

Right, as he said. Stick it in a computer and look at the properties. It should say how it was formatted. Although, if it came from a camera, it should be OK.

HOWEVER. It will show in A/V sources if it has something AVIC can play.

If you rename the folder with pictures to PICTURES you could also try importing splash screen from it... Otherwise, AVIC will scan it, see that there are no playable files on it, and grey it out in A/V sources because, well, it can't be an A/V source if there is no audio or video on it...

Thanks for the help so far but Im still a lilttle confused.What format should the card be?Can the 700 show still photos?I was hoping that it could be used to watch my photos as a slide show.

No, it does not show pictures (if you ask me, rather silly thing for a car headunit to do... but then so is watching movies in a car...).

Card needs to be formatted as FAT16 or FAT32.

Hi, Were you able to resolve this? I have an AVIC-F500BT and it is doing the same thing. I created MUSIC and MOVIES folders and pasted a couple of stuff in them on both a USB thumb drive (16GB) and an SD card (2GB) but both remain greyed out under the AV source screen. I even put files in the root on both but it still doesn't pick anything up. The USB and SD card both are getting recognized by the unit since I can select them to upload a POI or change the splash screen. I also updated my AVIC to ver 2.0 using the same SD card. Are there suppose to b2 specific folders? If so what should they be called? My SD card is formatted FAT16 and the USB Dive is FAT32