AVIC411.com

Bypass Walkthrough

I just got finished the software bypass after spending three days trying to figure it out, and decided that there was probably someone out there with the same problem as me. So I'm gonna set some time aside to write a walkthrough on how I did it.

You have to do the hardwire bypass (grounding the parking break wire instead of hooking it up to your parking break sensor lead) in order for the software bypass to work.

Software Bypass:

Get an SD card and a card reader so you can put files on the card.

Copy and paste these links and download the files to your desktop (http://avic411.com/forum/download.php?id=4696)

Unzip the files all the files and move them all to the SD card. Only unzip the main folder for (F-Series_Firmware_Update2). IMPORTANT: you do not want to click within that file and unzip the (DATA.zip) file that is referred to in many of the hacks.

Open the (F-Series_Firmware_Update2) folder, then (F-Series Firmware Update), then (LPUE080), then (APL2), then (iGo), then (DATA.zip) then (Project_config), then "Pioneer".

This is the file you need to edit for the bypass.

Scroll down the document until you see (parking_break_speed=16.0) and change this to (parking_break_speed=128.0).

Once you change the (Parking_Brake_Speed) to 128.0, you must save the document. Save the document and then close out of it.

Take the SD card out of your card reader and head to your car.

With the car turned off, insert the SD card into the front slot of the AVIC.

Turn on the car.

Give the AVIC a minute or so to fire up and when it does, you should see a screen that says "Copying..."

Once the copying in completed, take a stylus and exit out of that application in the top right corner of the screen.

Click on the "My Device" icon in the top left corner.

Open the "Storage Card" folder and navigate your way to the (DATA.zip) file. [if you forgot...(F-Series_Firmware_Update2) folder, then (F-Series Firmware Update), then (LPUE080), then (APL2), then (iGo), then (DATA.zip)]

Select the (DATA.zip) file, then click edit on the top toolbar and then click "Copy".

Exit out of the current window and reopen "My Device".

Open (Flash Memory) then (LPUE080), then (APL2), then (iGo). Now click the "Edit" button on the top toolbar again, but this time click paste.

A prompt should come up asking you in you want to overwrite the selected file. Click yes and let the copying begin.

After this step close out of everything, take the card out of the slot, turn the car on, let the AVIC start up like normal, and then take it for a test drive to see if your hack worked.

I hope I didn't leave anything out, and if I did, feel free to correct it. Hopefully someone will understand this and be able to do it.

Let me know if it works for you.

You have to do the hardwire bypass (grounding the parking break wire instead of hooking it up to your parking break sensor lead) in order for the software bypass to work.

That is not "the" hardwire bypass. The hardwire bypass involves removing the unit from the dash (if already installed) and moving a wire to a different place on the connector, then grounding BOTH that wire and the parking brake wire.

To make the software bypass work you do have to ground the parking brake wire.

Wait, will this work on the F700BT? It doesn't have a speed cable, so how will the system know how fast the car is going?

I'm needing to do a bypass some way or another because, honestly, I don't even know how to connect the parking brake wire to the parking brake. I'm guessing I'd have to remove all the panels surrounding the parking break and I'm not about to do that.

• 2 weeks later...