AVIC411.com

I'm extremely annoyed and I need help! Please!

Okay so the other day my sub stopped working. It was fading in and out for a few days and then suddenly stopped. I narrowed the problem down to the wiring.

My D3 came with a bad harness so I've been using the power wire rather than the signal wire. but after poking around and seeing some loose wires I'm not entirely sure the pins are back in the correct positions so:

Question #1:

Does anyone know of or have a wire diagram for the D3 harness. I'd like to know the color and position of each wire, if possible.

If I can't get the signal wire to work again(or some variety of it) I'd like to run a wire from my battery to a switch and then to an amp so I can manually turn it on and off with out putting the radio in the loop.

(Ex. Battery---->Switch---->Amp---->Hopefully a working sub.)

Question #2:

Is that possible, and if so is it as simple as I'm making it seem?

thanks in advance.

You can download both the owner's manual and the install manual for the D3, the install manual will tell you what all of the wires in the harness are for. I think I downloaded mine from either the Crutchfield or Pioneer website before I bought my D3.

Again, I've looked at all that. It does not list a single pin location, which is what I am in need of. Standard installation I can do, but this isn't a standard installation. I need the pin locations on the harnesses that come with the D3(The RCA and Power Harnesses).

In order for that document to become even a bit useful I need to know the pin locations for each wire.