AVIC411.com

How do I hardwire my F500BT?

Well after trying the search function, a few hours of Google, and a few more of tinkering, I think I just need to ask someone about this one.

So I tried buying the add a circuit, stuck a 5 volt fuse in it, and then swapped it for the fuse that powers one of the power sockets in my car, and then attaching the battery + wire from the 500s cable to it.

Then I attached the parking break wire to a bolt that goes through my car's frame, and starting the car up.

The 500 didn't recognize that it should have been plugged in, and I know that socket in my fuse box is live, so then I tried adding another 5 volt to the add a circuit since it has two sockets, figuring maybe I was just stupid and it needs two fuses to actually complete the circuit. Still no luck.

Needless to say, I think I'm doing good to know how to change my own headlights, and I'm really in over my head when it comes to wiring in this system.

Now would anyone be so kind as to help the village idiot try to figure out what he's doing wrong? :lol:

So I just found the product documentation on cruchfield realized it looks like the thing I thought was a 3.8 mm audio jack is really a 5 volt connection on the large cable for integrating the 500 into the car. Does this mean that hooking up the yellow wire and grounding the green one isn't the actual circuit that gives it power? Do I need to strip that other cable open and attach its positive to another add a circuit and ground the negative in it as well?

Thanks!

I have been looking at my wiring harness for awhile. I believe the 12V wire is an ignition control/sensor and the 3.5mm jack is the actual power to the device. The yellow 12V would need to be wired correctly so it would know when to shut down/turn on automatically.

The green parking brake wire is not a ground. It is a sensor wire for the parking brake. If you read the installation instructions they say to hook it to the battery side of the brake switch. When you apply the parking brake you ground the wire. The F500 senses the low instead of high to allow safety functions to operate or not depending on the state of the input.

I don't know what a 5 volt fuse is, you have a 12 volt car power supply. The included "adapter" changes from the 12v to 5v for operation of the unit. The ground for the power supply is part of the adapter. You always need a supply and a ground.