AVIC411.com

F500BT IPod Dock with Cradle

Since I parked my car on street overnight, I have to remove the F500BT from the cradle everyday, and thats one of the main reason I choose F500BT instead of 700/900. It is really easy for the removing/placing the unit with the cradle, but the IPod cable is the problem. With the IPod cable, I got to remove two extra plugs everytime I remove the unit from cradle, and then reconnect the two plugs again when I put the unit back to the cradle.

So, here is my solution....

2v1qgeh.jpg

wrieit.jpg

I started with buying the plugs and jacks (can't found those in local retail store, and they are expensive with the shipping!), pcb, etcher, then prepare the pcb layout and etch/cut, then solder the components with the pcb, then make a flex flat cable with copper tape and packaging tape. And finally, use some epoxy putty to put everything together.

91azqa.jpg

2ns2ohi.jpg

I'm not very good on craft and solder, and this is my first time to build PCB, so it is not looking very good, but it works. I'm sure someone out there can make something like this in much cleaner and better look. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...