AVIC411.com

Hello I am new hear and I am hoping I can find my answer here.

I just installed a AVH-P4100DVD in my truck. I found the instructions to bypass the DVD safety where I used a relay and tied in the E-brake wire (LT GRN), the remote wire(WHT/BLU) and ground. Additionally, I installed a Boyo back up camera.

Problem #1:

I was unable to get the back up camera to work on my HU, but realized that the "gear" wire had to be hooked up so that when the vehicle is in reverse the camera video will be displayed on the HU. So I am assuming it is safe to say that if 12v is connected to the "gear" lead the camera should function. I did this as a test and viola I got a picture. So I disconnect my temporary 12v wire and I was going to figure out where in the heck the Reverse hot lead is. However, this is where my problems began. Even with the "gear" lead completely disconnected I still get a video image from the back up camera on the HU. Oh, but that's not it. While I am listening to either radio, satellite or a CD the back up image will just appear for no reason. Sure I can touch the screen and it goes away, but less than 30 seconds later the back up camera screen reappears. Now mind you there is NOTHING connected to the "gear" lead. I have to go in to the settings and turn off the camera to keep this from happening.

What is going on? Did I do something wrong or am I forgetting something?

Problem #2:

As I mentioned above I install a relay to bypass the safety function of the DVD player from a

on Youtube. But when I put in a DVD all I get is the sound and no video. I am assuming the E-brake wire (lt grn) has to be grounded, but what happens if you connect 12v to is? Am I doing something wrong?

UPDATE:

I have possibly found the answers to my problems

Back up camera:

In the "source" screen of the HU there is a "Rear View" button in the upper right hand corner. If you select that, to view the rear of the vehicle, you have to push it again or the back up camera will continue to come on after 8 seconds no matter how many times you touch the screen.

DVD play back:

The E-brake wire has to be grounded while or after the movie is playing. So having a relay wired in is not going to work since the relay is activated once the HU is turned on. So the only option I can think of is a switch installed grounding the E-brake wire once you start playing a movie.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...