AVIC411.com

dumpystig - More mods and tidying up

Sorted out what I think is a much better route info display, more consistent with left side of screen. It's also larger so allowed a less cramped readout for each setting. And I've changed positions of several backgrounds/fonts to make them correctly aligned (while doing all my mods I've discovered Pioneer did a crap job when deciding coordinates/settings for a load of stuff).

The route info background is a re-named duplicate of the next turn box above it.

I'm going to adapt Toxits' Simulation mod, the speed/limit info will be displayed in the bottom two segments of the route info display, and the GPS elevation will probably go to the left of the OFF button, in the 'actual street name' background.

One thing I would like is for someone to take the bmp I used >>>746_32K_OM-003_32b.bmp<<< and alter the bottom corners to be rounded exactly the same as the top of the image, and keeping the same transparency. It would also be great to do the same thing to the top and bottom left corners of the 'actual street name' background >>>746_32K_OM-001_32b.bmp<<< just to complete the tidy up and have a more uniform appearance. I aint yet got to grips with GIMP so I'd appreciate some help :?

Anyways, hope you like this, comments/criticisms welcome.

ds :)

Stupid pioneer implementation doesn't let you search for POIs in a different location, only around cursor or at your final destination. I saw a hack somewhere but its not in the Data.zip I'm using...

I'm laying on my couch sick.. I'll definitely look at your bmps tomorrow dude.. sorry not enough strength to get up and my mini doesn't have PS.

Sorry... Where is the data file? :=)

No, I don't have that mod in my zip. And don't worry about the bmp mods, no rush.

I will upload my new DATA.zip in a few days once I've got things finalised, also I will upload my previous DATA.zip for anyone that wants it.

Hope you're soon feeling better :wink:

Wiske80,

I won't be posting my new zip yet, there's still a couple of things I'm working on, also there's a glitch that I need help to sort out. But here's a list of what my mods will be:

General:

> moved position of

- Actual Street name > background and font

- Speedcam Warning box and contents

- Next Street name > background and font

- Next Turn > background and font

- Date display slightly bigger

> altered wording/positions of certain displays/buttons in various navigation menus/sub menus. For example, I hated seeing the word 'settings' displayed several times on the same screen (see 'Navi Settings' screen...........)

> new Route Info box

- duplicated Next Turn background

- altered position/size of all displayed info

- Speed/Limit to be displayed in lower two segments

> GPS Elevation - display moved to left of "OFF" button, overlaid on Actual Street background

> Toxits' Simulation Mod (still trying to get buttons that I think will look good with rest of buttons and screen)

I still have a bit of work to do but once it's all finished i will upload it for others to use if they want. There's probably a few other small things that I can't think of right now, but that's the gist of it.

Sorted out what I think is a much better route info display, more consistent with left side of screen. It's also larger so allowed a less cramped readout for each setting. And I've changed positions of several backgrounds/fonts to make them correctly aligned (while doing all my mods I've discovered Pioneer did a crap job when deciding coordinates/settings for a load of stuff).

I had the same idea of wanting to make the left hand side look consistent, I went a slightly different way and decided to slightly redesign the boxes. It also has a load of other things in it, I think I am finally done with it (apart from some tweaking here & there! lol). Here are a couple of screenshots, I'd love to know what people think.

fantastically modified GTImatt... i love what you've done with the left hand-side. I love the fonts you used. Very readible if you ask me.. I wonder what the 1st, 3rd and 4rd button do on the left hand side if no route is selected?

Any chance i could test your data.zip on my unit?

Was wondering if you have the speedcam mod also, and maybe changed the position of the speedcam box and made it more readible?

fantastically modified GTImatt... i love what you've done with the left hand-side. I love the fonts you used. Very readible if you ask me.. I wonder what the 1st, 3rd and 4rd button do on the left hand side if no route is selected?

Any chance i could test your data.zip on my unit?

Was wondering if you have the speedcam mod also, and maybe changed the position of the speedcam box and made it more readible?

1st button - Find Address, 3rd - Favourites, 4th - History.

I've moved the speedcamera box to the lower right hand side, I haven't changed the size of it though as I was happy with it.

I just want to tidy up a couple of things before I let my data.zip out into the open but hopefully in the next day or so I'll put up a new thread detailing all my changes and provide the file for anyone to try.

I just want to tidy up a couple of things before I let my data.zip out into the open but hopefully in the next day or so I'll put up a new thread detailing all my changes and provide the file for anyone to try.

allrighty... Great work mate :) ...