AVIC411.com

US radio in AVIC Pioneer F 700 BT play in Europe?

I just checked the service manual of the F900 F90, and there is a (hardware) difference between the European and US versions of the unit.

The AV (Audio/Video) unit is different. For those with the manual, on page 24 you can see that the European and US versions use a diferent microcontroller....

So, it is not going to be possible to simply add RDS/TMC by means of a software update.....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TMC and RDS could very well be.

It is the FM synth we are trying to get to run on different increments.

I still do can't believe that it is impossible to have on US models.

FM is FM. Within a frequency range you can take signals in (in the set increments)

Furthermore US models can have RDS signals when the HD tuner is connected.

TMC and RDS could very well be.

It is the FM synth we are trying to get to run on different increments.

I still do can't believe that it is impossible to have on US models.

FM is FM. Within a frequency range you can take signals in (in the set increments)

Furthermore US models can have RDS signals when the HD tuner is connected.

Tuner is controlled by the microcontroler I mentioned, so different increments is not going to happen :???:

Re. RDS with HD tuner, of course that works because you do not use the internal tuner but an external tuner.... ;-)

Right. Well the FM tuner would most likely work fine. The TMC/RDS/MSN chip is actually on the Navi board, which is separate from the AV board, where the FM tuner lives. The AV board contains the FM tuner and an amplifier for the TMC/RDS/MSN, which is then sent up to the Navi board with a coaxial cable.

Right. Well the FM tuner would most likely work fine. The TMC/RDS/MSN chip is actually on the Navi board, which is separate from the AV board, where the FM tuner lives. The AV board contains the FM tuner and an amplifier for the TMC/RDS/MSN, which is then sent up to the Navi board with a coaxial cable.

Yes, but the whole business is controlled by a microcontroller (IC610), which is different for the 2 versions....

(different embedded ROM programs)

Ohhh.. I didn't see the two different part numbers listed for it. Possible there's different roms in there or something, then..

Yep, you can also see it on page 136.... It's probably a microcontroller,with different embedded ROM programs in the US and EU versions...

B.t.w., just for info, again looking at the service manual, the Navi board is probably also different between the EU and US versions, see page 117 and 187....

So to summarise, there are a number of distinct hardware differences between the US and EU versions.....