AVIC411.com

Z3 version:03.0000 bug

Hi,

I just bought Z3 upgrade on ebay (MK6034GAX), 02/2008, version:03.0000, cddb:08.01.0010

Start up time is about the same as original Z2 (locked HDD). Bluetooth is OK, NAVI map

is good, CDDB even reads in Russian. Overall I use it with no problem till today.

I was trying to ripping up my custom CDs. some of them is played and recorder well, but some of them

gives me an error: "unable to record..." then second message: "unable to playback CD..." OK, I replaced HDD

with original Z2 (locked HDD) - everything is recording and playback!

My question is what is the version/cddb of this offered download (post "AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**") Z3 update and if anybody had this ripping/playback issue?

Can I just overwrite downloaded image to existing Z3 HDD without carry about locking it on Pioneer?

Thanks.

I personally would never buy a drive for this headunit from eBay. You just never know what some shady person out there will do. There's been reports that I've seen where sellers rebrand an AVIC-Z2 drive to sell it as a Z-3.

You need to disable security on the drive BEFORE inserting it into your HU, or your new drive will be locked just like the old one. But yes, once you disable security (and unlock the drive if it's been locked already) you can connect it to your computer and install the image file from the forums. I use the image from the forums and have never had any issues whatsoever.

I also highly recommend the service that forum member garrettoomey provides. For a fee, you can send your drive to him and he will disable security for you, unlock the drive if necessary, AND install the image file and have the drive back to you in a couple days' time.

But yes, once you disable security (and unlock the drive if it's been locked already) you can connect it to your computer and install the image file from the forums. I use the image from the forums and have never had any issues whatsoever.

Thanks Captain! Would you please be more specific. I do have Z3 HDD drive 60GB that is unlocked, so I can transfer data back and force without locking it on UH after inserting. What should I do in order to re-image this HDD with new "torrent" image I am downloading now without locking it later on unit? Will my drive keep this security disabled if I don't format it?

Thanks again.

From here on out, since your drive is unlocked you may format it a million times if you wanted, it will not re-lock when you insert it into your HU. :D

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14899

Reference this thread for more information on loading your own image onto the Z drive. hyperite and garrettoomy have been phenomenal in making this happen, just follow what they say and you will be golden.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/download/file.php?id=4064

This is a write-up that garrettoomey wrote, this is very VERY helpful. This is what I used when I loaded the image onto my drive.