AVIC411.com

phone book problems iPhone 3G

I have searched a bunch of different post about this subject. It seems that just about everyone is having some sort of problem with voice dialing or contact information. I have tried a bunch of different things that I have read on these posts, like changing the region and re-entering contact info and editing the file thats on my avic. But I am having a strange problem. I have transfered my contact to my avic, but any phone call I make weather its a contact in my phone book or just dialing the number, It always displays "Unknown" number on my AVIC. If I recieve a call from the same person I just called then it will display the name. Voice dialing doesnt work for any of my contacts, but it will work if I tell it the phone number, but will still display "unknown" even though it has voiced back the number, but still displays "Unknown"

Try changing your region to austrailia, then go through all of your contacts (on the phone) and make sure that thee are no special characters other than letters, numbers and spaces. If needed, edit the numbers (on the phone again) such that they are in the format '1234567890' exactly. Changing the region doesn't automatically cause the format to change, it just allows it to be changed. Then, re-transfer your phone book from the iphone to the avic. That should do it...good luck

• 4 weeks later...
Try changing your region to austrailia, then go through all of your contacts (on the phone) and make sure that thee are no special characters other than letters, numbers and spaces. If needed, edit the numbers (on the phone again) such that they are in the format '1234567890' exactly. Changing the region doesn't automatically cause the format to change, it just allows it to be changed. Then, re-transfer your phone book from the iphone to the avic. That should do it...good luck

Will I need to keep the iPhone in the Australia region all the time, or just until I transfer the phonebook?

Will I need to keep the iPhone in the Australia region all the time, or just until I transfer the phonebook?

Just until you have transferred. I took it one step further and left off last name and put in one phone number only. So I just say call mary. Then it says call mary general. (in outlook i set all numbers as other)