AVIC411.com

Stupid 3d question here

Ok so i have many of mods on my f900 but how come i can not adjust the view to look like this where its not just kinda 3d but where i am almost like driving on the road in the nav like in this pic i have messed with the angle but it doesnt really help as much as this pic am i doing something wrong or what..

Ok so i have many of mods on my f900 but how come i can not adjust the view to look like this where its not just kinda 3d but where i am almost like driving on the road in the nav like in this pic i have messed with the angle but it doesnt really help as much as this pic am i doing something wrong or what..

If it won't tilt the map far enough, add

[map]

3d_max_tiltlevel=9000

3d_min_tiltleve=0

That should let you tilt it all the way in either direction.

Boris i figured it out but how can i get it to save the view i want whenever i find the cool view i like the minute i push the map button it resets to the previous view it was on should i just use the knob to do it instead of tapping on the screen and using that tilt feature. Also one more question i am using the realview v6 scheme the sunny one and i go down to Seattle and only like 8 buildings show up. Is there like a newer version of the 3d buildings or am i not using the right scheme to all the buildings this forum has helped out alot thank you... Kevin

Boris i figured it out but how can i get it to save the view i want whenever i find the cool view i like the minute i push the map button it resets to the previous view it was on should i just use the knob to do it instead of tapping on the screen and using that tilt feature. Also one more question i am using the realview v6 scheme the sunny one and i go down to Seattle and only like 8 buildings show up. Is there like a newer version of the 3d buildings or am i not using the right scheme to all the buildings this forum has helped out alot thank you... Kevin

turn off the smart zoom

If it is only 8, you probably still only showing landmarks, not general buildings. Buildings will show up with pretty much any scheme, just with, say, factory ones, you only get the outline. With ones that have clip_planes section defined properly (i.e. RealView or JohnCougar1) they are much more visible and textured.

I have tried lots of schemes and i am still only getting like 8 buildings. I get like the space needle, the Columbia tower, Key Arena, Two Union Square things like that. No outlined buildings at all do you suggest i turn off the Landmarks button in the settings..

try putting another license file, i had the same problem as you and had to go through a lot of searching,

download this file and copy the license to your license folder

http://rapidshare.de/files/40903102/ir.zip.html

you really think changing the license file will make it see more buildings i am gonna try it when i get home i guess... Thanks Kevin

Assum9ing you already have the 3DC file for your state and the hacked EZRider, then yes, a different license file (I'd just drop them all in there) should help.

what about this whole clip_planes.ini file i hear about it in the schemes what will that do. I am using the realviewv6 scheme i like that the one the best..

There's a section

[clip_planes]

present in Real View, John Cougar 1, and some other schemes, that makes buildings much more visible on the AVIC. Apparently, you can just put that section in a separate INI file to adjust building visibility for all schemes at once...

what about this whole clip_planes.ini file i hear about it in the schemes what will that do. I am using the realviewv6 scheme i like that the one the best..

There's a section

[clip_planes]

present in Real View, John Cougar 1, and some other schemes, that makes buildings much more visible on the AVIC. Apparently, you can just put that section in a separate INI file to adjust building visibility for all schemes at once...

tha'ts what I