AVIC411.com

I am installing AVIC-N2. I have looked at rostra.com and the12volt.com for the VSS wire location and color on a 2002 dodge ram and came up with Orange/White. I found an orange/white under the driverside dash. But when I connect voltmeter and drive the vehicle I get a constant 12.6 volts, so I don't think this is it. Please help with color, and closest location to interior dash for connection point. Also, what should voltmeter be reading as vehicle moves? Should voltmeter be in volts-DC or AC?

Thanks,
[quote name="pedepalo"]I am installing AVIC-N2. I have looked at rostra.com and the12volt.com for the VSS wire location and color on a 2002 dodge ram and came up with Orange/White. I found an orange/white under the driverside dash. But when I connect voltmeter and drive the vehicle I get a constant 12.6 volts, so I don't think this is it. Please help with color, and closest location to interior dash for connection point. Also, what should voltmeter be reading as vehicle moves? Should voltmeter be in volts-DC or AC?

Thanks,[/quote]

Technically the vss is a dc signal, however the pulses are so quick a meter set to dc will not pick it up properly. Set the meter to ac voltage. Your reading should vary as the vehicle's speed increases or decreases.

Speed Sense white/orange conn. 2, pin 27 @ PCM
Notes: The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is on the passenger side firewall.

That's another one you can get it at. Which I have tied into in the past.
  • 1 year later...