AVIC411.com

ipod sound cuts out for a split second

hi there, im having an issue with my f90bt...it was working fine for like 2 months but just yesterday i noticed that the music willl cut out for a split second during a song/video it happens constantly during the song, but ive noticed that it only seems to happen when the car is in motion, if its stationary, it doesnt seem to occur... anyone else have this issue?? could it be moisture getting up into the back of the deck??

I just installed my brand new F90BT last weekend and have the SAME EXACT problem. All is good when parked, but when driving there are "hiccups" in the IPOD music playback.

I read every post on the F-series forum with "IPOD" in it and some have had a similar problem that was related to the voice directions on the Nav...I will try to mess around with those settings this weekend.

yea i dunno...i didnt install mine myself i had a shop do it, it was working good for like 6 weeks and just yesterday it started doing this...im wondering if its somehow related to the car being parked outside and it raining heavilily here lately (im in vancouver)... but yea i dunno maybe its the cable.. im using the one that comes with the f90bt... do you think if i used the apple one instead it would fix this??

FIXED

I had the same issue. Set your audio input to off. Go To AV Settings. Press MUTE/Input Guide and do Normal.

This works...just make sure you change the input to "off" first like he says...otherwise the Input Guide area will be grayed out/non-selectable.

Even though I had the Nav voice turned to zero it was still trying to mute the music every time it wanted to say something. With the above setting it allows the music to continue uninterrupted when it tries to speak (whether it is actually speaking or not)

I have the Pioneer cable, and its of terrible quality. The hooks to hold it connected do not exude all the way. Its a very shoddy connection (and of course the way they designed the USB cable is terrible, and causes a mess. I have a 350Z with fairly tight suspension and the smallest bump will jar the connection and cause it to skip for a microsecond. Take a close look at the hooks on your cable and see if they look correct. Mine don't, the left one sticks out about 2 mm, the right one maybe 1/2mm.