AVIC411.com

cd is stuck inside d3...plz help

Ok guys, i did a massive search to see what i could find, but i didn't really find anything i could try myself.

I was out and i had a music cd in the system. I took it out and i put in my nav cd and it would not read. it was staying in memory mode. I thought that was weird and i pressed eject and the motor would turn, but nothing would come out.

I pressed the small reset button next to the eject button and nothing came out. so now i lost all my presets and color settings and sound settings and the cd still won't come out. when i press map on the d3, it says insert appropriate disc. but the disc is still inside.

does anyone have any ideas? The warranty has passed a long time ago. I've had the d3 for 2 years.

I am so frustrated because i just put it in my new car...(sold my old one) about a month ago and it was working fine.

1. is there a button or sequence i can press to get the cd out?

2. does anyone know of a shop i can send it to that will be cheaper than pioneer charging $200

please help me

• 2 weeks later...

Try removing the avic from your dash. The disc is most likely on top of the unit and not actually in the slot. There are a few threads here where others have done exactly the same You might feel like a dummy when you realize what happened, but evryone makes mistakes.