AVIC411.com

New D2 in 2001 Mercedes ML320

I just ordered a D2 and heard that it does not come with a double din mounting cage. With the ML I believe I need this cage with ears to get this head unit mounted correctly. Does anyone know where I can purchase just the cage? I also heard that I can use this harness "Metra Volkswagon 70-1784" with swap red and yellow wires and add one wire for amp turnon. Does anyone have any experiance installing these head units in mercedes. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The d2 does come with the doubledin mounting kit. It's the z1 that doesn't. As for the swapping of the red and yellow on the 1784 harnesss. You might want to take a meter and just double check that the red wire shows power even with the key off and the yellow wire only has power with the key in and on.
Thats great that it comes with the cage. I was going to purchase the Z1 but didn't think I would need blue tooth or DVD. But the TV tuner did seem like something that might be neat. Must be why I had it in my mind it had no cage. I did get the surius radio module hopefully no suprises adding that. Anyway with D2 going for $650 now I felt it was my best bang for the buck. I have also read about the VSS feature but I'm a bit confused. Will the D2 actually display some vehical information? If so I'm assuming this would have to be grabbed from a cable near gages? Finally, I head that the trim bezel on the face plate may need to be sanded down a bit to fit the ML but I guess I'll cross that bridge when i get to it. Thanks for the response what a great forum!!!!
[quote name="Dubbedown"] [quote name="tillithz"]nope sorry to tell you you cant... lol. just kidding, of course you can, why wouldnt you be able to?[/quote]

he was probably confused b/c n1-3 u cant with only 1 dedicated cd slot.[/quote]

Well with the N1/2/3 you can listen to CDs, Satellite, ect. and if my memory serves me correctly, you can listen to a CD once the route is programmed. But don't take my word on that, I may be wrong.