AVIC411.com

My F700BT won't remember FM/ AM Settings

Like the subject implies. My AVIC-F700 has never remembered any of my FM Station presets. Everytime I take the key out of my ignition or turn my car off and back on, it's like the unit refuses to remember any of the stations. For example, here in Boston i have 94.5 JAM'N set for just preset 1. I turn car off and back on or i turn it off and turn it on in the morning and it does not remember it. It does however remember that password i set, my bootup screen, my Home address etc. I does not remember the radio station presets or any audio settings such as Loudness being on. Anyone shine some insight on this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Side-note: My HD Tuner when i had it hooked up (i get static due to Antenna sometimes i believe), it remmeber my HD Stations.

Sounds like you don't have the permanent +12V hooked up, which is required to retain memory. There are 2 power connections to the unit that should both be hooked up correctly:

Yellow wire - Should be hooked up to an always on +12 source

Red wire - Should be hooked up to a switched +12 source

I will check again however I used both a car manual and a multimedia however I'm sure it must be because otherwise I'm sure other people on this forum would of said the same things Ihave said. Thanks for the response I'll inform you all how it goes

For anyone else with this issue. Check your Switched and Constant wires. My Eclipse was preowned and even though I used a multimedia and test light, i switched the yellow and red wires and taaaadaa! It works perfectly. Must mean the guy did his own wiring. Lol. Thanks for the insightful comments and help everyone.