AVIC411.com

2008 Cobalt SS Wiring With Steering Wheel Module

I hope these images help out other people. I couldnt find a decent how-to for the 2008 Cobalt SS/TC

This is just wiring the harnesses together. When I finish the install I will post pics to the rest.

Used:

Metra GMOS-LAN-04

PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel Module

Pioneer Head Unit harnesses

Pioneer CD-IU230V Ipod Cable (Comes with the AVIC-F90BT only)(Sold seperately for the other models)

These are in no particular order. But they should be descrptive enough to follow

******You seem to need to right Click and save to your computer to se the whole image.

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

Nope my XM ran out in like november 08. Dont care for it one bit..

I just cant pay to listen to Radio. and the ones i heard had crappy advertising in it anyways.

with Ipod control/USB/SD/CD you could stick a CRAP load of music on them. no need for XM.

Doesnt XM for the Avic require an aditional harness??

I ended up replacing the OEM XM receiver with the pioneer one. Its located under the rear deck and was a bitch to get out. Make sure you look at the notes for the SWI-PS. There are 2 wires you have to cut out of your cars harness to make it work. It tells you what pins and color they are in the instructions for the SWI-PS. I didnt look in the notes and it took me forever to figure out why it wasnt working.

• 10 months later...

Ok I followed this along with the X series hack ( i have x910bt) and I keep getting a parking brake signal lead message when I start to drive thus disabling everything and it's pissing me off. This hack requires the mute wire to be relocated and grounded instead of having it connected to the brown wire (as show in the pictures which I tried first but everything was disabled, so I tried the hack) the hack works if I'm stationary and not moving but once I start moving everything gets disabled please help!

Oh also I have the GMOS LAN 04 harness and for some reason every speaker but the front left works. It seems it's only dedicated for chimes only. Anyone have any idea why? Did I maybe connect something wrong? And where do I connect the reverse gear wire to?