AVIC411.com

Radio presets from nav screen

Random question, but do you know if it is possible to change preset radio stations from the Map/Nav screen? when I press the volume knob, it goes from 92.1 to 92.2 instead of going to the next preset? This is really annoying to me, as I am a channel surfer.

Just curious if anyone has a fix for that?

Yes i agree. Stupid thing from Pioneer to search on band and not on presets. Also an annoying thing: the complete system is blocked while calling. I hate that. Especcially when somebody is asking "when you will be here??"

Maybe the next challenge for mod'ers to change that kind of things. Because modding the nav part is almost done.

At least i think ;) everytime they keep suprising me.

I am not into programming but is that more difficult to mod??

agreed - can one of the modders address this? Is modding the avic to allow to control the presets from the steering wheel a difficult mod to develop? GTImatt? IDT? Thoughts?

I believe steering wheel control falls more into the wire harness department than the software mod department. As for changing the behavior of pressing left/right on the knob (i.e. from "next channel" to "next preset"), that may be doable, but I'm pretty sure that's "outside" the nav software. That being the case, it will likely be substantially harder to actually mod. You'll note that very, VERY few of the mods on this board deal with anything outside of the nav software itself. There's a reason for that.

--Mav

Im not looking for knob to do anything different. I'm looking for there to be arrows on the nav screen to go to the next preset - is that possible??

Ive seen some mods where they have controls for an ipod or music player in the nav screen so why not preset arrows??

Im not looking for knob to do anything different. I'm looking for there to be arrows on the nav screen to go to the next preset - is that possible??

Press "FM" in the bottom right, then use the Preset arrows (that's a joke; although it does work).

Ive seen some mods where they have controls for an ipod or music player in the nav screen so why not preset arrows??

What you've probably seen are mods that take certain functionality and does it in a mildly different (and probably better) way. That's easily possible because that functionality was already integrated into the nav software by Pioneer in the first place; the mod just tweaks the way it's done. What you're asking for is functionality in the nav software (and, specifically, in the way it interacts with the a/v software) that just doesn't exist in the stock firmware (i.e. to my knowledge, there's no button/command in the stock nav software that allows you to switch presets).

Although I more or less checked out of this board a long time ago, I still check back from time to time, and I'm not aware of anyone that has added wholly new a/v functionality and control to the nav software. I may be wrong on that (although, if I am, I'd be interested in a link), and I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying it's not super easy to do like a lot of the other mods in the nav software (that are largely just re-arranging and re-implementing existing commands).

--Mav