AVIC411.com

Securing ipod in glovebox

For those of you that are keeping the ipod in the glovebox, have you found a good solution to keep it from sliding around in there? The connection between the ipod and the headunit tends to get interrupted when I make quick turns.. and I can't use the ipod again unless I unplug/replug it or turn off/on the ignition. I'm thinking of just sticking velcro on it, but wanted to see if there was a better solution out there, thanks :D

i took out my glove box and put two little slots in the top, then i put a strip of elastic through the slots and tied them together at the top (outside of the actual glove box under the airbag) and put it back together. the result is now there is an elastic holder that secures my Ipod to the top of the glovebox with almost no extra cable or nothing can slide into it, (my glovebox is a little different than most, instead of the entire thing moving when you open it, its more of a stationary box, and the door is the only part that moves) eventually i want to make a slide in dock for it

In my S10, there was a CD holder in the center console, I made a iPod holder out of MDF, used a router to make the iPod spot, and it sat in there snug. You can get creative and do something like that in the glovebox. And a good thing to use would be those white plastic iPod slots that the iPod came with in the box.