AVIC411.com

OK, I am being driven mad! Is there anything tricky about changing setting.ui in ui_pioneer\common? I've been trying all day and it just seems to hang on me.

I started with my stock setting.ui and that worked fine, I made a change to the code and the system hung on startup. I went back to my original and then just added a comment and that hung! I then overwrite mine with BorisM's from his progress report and that didn't hang (I noticed it was a few Kb smaller). I then tried to change that and it hung, I then backed out my changes and just added a comment and that hung too!

Does the system do any checking on this file that makes it difficult to change?

OK, I am being driven mad! Is there anything tricky about changing setting.ui in ui_pioneer\common? I've been trying all day and it just seems to hang on me.

I started with my stock setting.ui and that worked fine, I made a change to the code and the system hung on startup. I went back to my original and then just added a comment and that hung! I then overwrite mine with BorisM's from his progress report and that didn't hang (I noticed it was a few Kb smaller). I then tried to change that and it hung, I then backed out my changes and just added a comment and that hung too!

Hmmm... not that I have noticed. I did not have any special problems editing it. However, I believe setting states are called during the startup so if anything is wrong there the unit may not even boot...

Hmmm... not that I have noticed. I did not have any special problems editing it. However, I believe setting states are called during the startup so if anything is wrong there the unit may not even boot...

It's really strange, I just loaded up a working setting.ui and the system started up fine. I then added a single ; to the file and reloaded and the unit just got stuck at the system startup screen. I can't for the life of me work out what is going on!

It's really strange, I just loaded up a working setting.ui and the system started up fine. I then added a single ; to the file and reloaded and the unit just got stuck at the system startup screen. I can't for the life of me work out what is going on!

Weird. setting shouldn't be any different from any other UI file...