AVIC411.com

Slightly off topic but here goes... speakers for an 06 Focus

I think she's already blown the factory speakers (nothing coming out of the rears...) ANWYAYS, from everything I've read, the focus takes 5x7's (with the possibility of 6x8s)

SO... who, what, where and when?

Any ideas on what speakers I should get for her? Links to specific types of speakers would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance
Andy
why do you think they are blown? just because of no sound? check your fader setting. But depending on that, theres no telling you wont blow the new ones, so you may want to reevaluate your listening habits, and plan on a new system with the right pieces, like amp, crossover, and so on. Usually people expect to much from their system, or expect a speaker to put out a certain sound when it was not designed for that. So let us know and I am sure you will get many suggestions.
[quote name="tillithz"]why do you think they are blown? just because of no sound? check your fader setting. [/quote]

I checked the fader, everything is in order! The reason why I think they're blown is the "crackling sound" that comes from the speakers when I turn fader to the rear

[quote name="tillithz"]But depending on that, theres no telling you wont blow the new ones, so you may want to reevaluate your listening habits, and plan on a new system with the right pieces, like amp, crossover, and so on. [/quote]

I'm putting in a D2 and at least 1 woofer because the original system didn't have the woofer with it.

Listening habits are out of my control, it's the wife's car!

I know the ford cd/radio is basically a pos, yes, I'm spolied, believe it or not, the speakers in my Mustang hold up very well to a Avic-Z1, they're not overdriven and sound great, I just need the sound in the Focus to be shall we say "equal" to what I've got in the Mustang (or maybe a tad less quality.. WTF it's the wife's car, not mine!)

BUT with the existing speakers already showing signs of failure, I'm looking at going for new speakers hence the original post.

I'm not looking for a "competition system", just one that puts out reasonable sound and given that the D2 puts out 50Wx4 (maybe rms or whatever) it should be powerful enough for the wife without adding extra amps etc.. It's the speakers that are more worrying than anything else!

What brands of speakers would you guys go with in an '06 Focus ZX5?

Would you recommend any of the Bazooka line of speakers?
Well even with aftermarket ones they will be prone to breaking if she continuously abuses them.

So your control of the situation is to tell her to turn it down and take care of them or she'll have to deal with shitty sounding speakers.

Show her the signs on what to listen for so she knows when its too loud for the speakers.

Then I suggest just getting some speakers that match up with the radio, or outperform it (according to your 50Wx4 or whatever specs you have). Then if you are putting in a sub, but a crossover on the door speakers or some bass blockers to help the cause out some more.

Then make sure 100% that the speaker wires are run properly and NOT hitting anything that could ground them out, this would be very bad. Anywhere along the wire, yes even with the plastic/rubber on can get interference by hitting a ground area.
Well, if the factory speakers are blown, which is not unlikely, Pioneer makes some good-sounding drop-in replacements. Check out these - [url=http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069904_291206062,00.html">http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 62,00.html or these http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 34,00.html or these